Securing to backpack

I have the new messenger plus and I love everything about it and its simplicity. What I don’t like is the securing of the device. It has a place to attach a lanyard but that is it. Why would they not make this device clipable? This would help securing it to my backpack or belt loop instead I had to find a lanyard with the string to connect it and then it dangles.  Most of the other devices from Garmin that I have used has a clip on the back. I would love to be able to attach it to my shoulder strap. For now I just keep it in my backpack pocket. Maybe a solution will present itself.

John

• There are numerous threads about this in the Messenger forum. Search over there to see what others have done about this.

Edited to add: Like this one https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/inreach/f/inreach-messenger/310537/share-your-mounting-solutions-ideas

• Yes, there are already several hints in threads for the messenger non plus, for example the one twolpert mentioned. Unfortunately Garmin still hasn’t released an own mount solution for the M and M+. Can you provide some more informations about your M+? Have you already send pics/voice mails via satellite? If yes, how fast have the been sent; have you get reactions from the recipients about the pic quality?

I use these two options for my M: a Tatonka Neoprene Case 1 and a MFH Mobile Phone Holder and I am satisfied with both. You can attach them on a belt or even on a backpack strap (I don't like the solutions with just a carabiner on the bag (it dangles around too much for me)).

But there are several other good solutions shown in the linked thread. And on top of my mostly used backback there is a little small pocket with zipper integrated: the M is fully operational inside too and I haven't noticed any impairments (the built-in antenna on the M/M+ is significantly better than the antenna stub installed on the Mini/2 and GPSMap66/67i (technological progress)).