Unable to send test message even though subscription and device are up to date. Get exclamation point that mean "Unable to send/receive data."

My subscription is up to date, my InReach is updated to the latest version, but when I try to send a test message (or a regular message) it tries for about ten minutes and then an exclamation point alternates with the send/receive arrow. I learned that this exclamation point means "Unable to send/receive data" and it is a cloudless night with plenty of sky. What else can I do to figure this out? I'm trying to head into the backcountry tomorrow so if anyone by any chance can help me out I would really appreciate it!

• There is generally one Iridium satellite in view at any given time. This makes iR communication more difficult in challenging conditions. If you have not already done so, try a different location with a fully open sky view.

if you still have problems, you can try a factory reset. This wipes all user data on the device. AND it will require you to reactivitate the device. If the device actually has a hardware problem, that might be impossible. And it might make it more difficult for tech support to help. If I were you, I would call tech support before resorting to this.