Explore.Garmin.com - Any way to quickly delete everything - messages, waypoints, tracks, routes, activities

I pulled my inReach mini out to use for the first time this summer.  There are a bunch of messages, tracks, courses, etc that I'll never use again.  Going through each one and deleting it is a major PITA.  Is there any way to do this quickly?  Either web or phone.

• I am not aware of any way to do this. The only hint I have is to delete from the library itself. This automatically removes references from collections.

I also did not find anything in the support articles for the Explore web site. There is an article which gives instructions for deleting items one at a time. But that's it.

It's worth a call to tech support to ask. They might have new information. Also, you are not the first person to ask about this. The more people who suggest it to support, the more likely it is to be addressed.

• Thanks .  You've got the answers like always, but that's what I was afraid of. I did manually go through removing them all.  One annoyance is needing to select the item, select delete and the click on the "Yes, I want to delete" with the mouse, rather than just being able to hit the enter key on the "Yes" even though it's the default.

I'll contact support.

After not using the device all winter, trying to refresh my memory on how the pieces apps/web sites fit together and how how libraries and collections tie in to the device itself.  Thankfully I took some notes last year and I didn't wait this time until the day before my outing to get started, like last year.

• I've made some progress on this.  Deleting items in explore.garmin.com is a PITA.  It's much easier using the Explore app. I was also having issues where my tracks and waypoints would re-appear after playing with the various apps.  Turns out that's the Earthmate Apps doing.

If you are using both Earthmate (which seems pretty much required for the inReach mini), you'll want to first delete items from there.  Otherwise they'll keep re-appearing in your library in Explore.  To delete all history (tracks) go to More->History.  Tap the icon that looks like an export symbol but is actually brings up a menu (see the red circle).  Then select Delete All.  Selecting "Turn All Off" only seems to impact the Earthmate app display.  The history will still all get exported, and re-excported, to Explore.

Now you can relatively quickly delete all the tracks in the Explore mobile app:

-to delete all old tracks: Library->Tracks->Edit - tap each one you want to delete, or the box at the bottom that selects all.  The Delete.

Now that you've deleted all the tracks in the Explore mobile app, you can go and refresh your browser with explore.garmin.com and voila, the tracks are gone, and will stay gone!

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be 

• ARGH!!!! They all came back after a sync from Earthmate!  They were deleted from Earthmate! and from Explore Mobile!  And from Explore Web! 

Are they still on the inReach mini and getting re-imported to Earthmate through BT?  How can I get rid of all my old Tracks?  Plugging into the computer doesn't show any track files on the inReach mini so they must be in unaccusable memory. 

• For tracks, you need to delete them from the device and from the web. Otherwise they do sync back. I don’t think the same thing is true of waypoints and routes, but definitely for tracks.

• How do I delete them from the device?  I don't see a setting on the mini itself to delete them.  I also don't see them as files when I plug the mini in to the computer, so can't delete them manually.  And the Earthmate app doesn't appear to be deleting them.  Am I just missing something?

update: ah, I just found a "Clear Log" option if I go to the tracking page on the mini.  I was bringing up the menu from the default page which doesn't show that option, and then going into settings, which also doesn't have an option.  Keeping my fingers crossed that that works.

• Thanks twolpert - looks like that is the option I've been looking for since the beginning.  Earthmate app now properly has a clean map and Explore isn't getting the old stuff either.

• You two should get a commission from Garmin support!
    Thanks! You saved me a lot of time today!!!