Bug report: tracking startup, etc

Running software version 5.30 on a 67i. With Auto Track OFF and Link with Recording ON, after powering on the GPS, the first time I start recording, tracking does not start. If I stop and resume recording, tracking begins, and continues to following recording correctly until the GPS is powered off and on again. This is a safety issue: it is very easy for a user to believe they are actively posting locations to mapshare when in fact they are not.

The bug is doubly frustrating in combination with another (perhaps intermittent, or at least difficult to characterize) bug in the software that cause the unit to power off occasionally upon making a keypress (often the MENU key, I think). It seems likely that getting tracking going again after recovering from one of those shutdowns would require going thru the procedure above, increasing the chances a user is accidentally not sharing their location.

I am also concerned that the current activity recording session may not be properly saved when the unit powers off unexpectedly. This is less of a safety issue in my case, but it may be for others.