What is "multi-band frequency support" and "send and receive group messages"?

Aside from time between charging, the 66i/67i comparison web site Garmin | Compare shows two 67i features that the 66i does not have. 

One is called "multi-band frequency support."  What is that?

The other is "send and receive group messages."  How is that different from the group message feature in 66i?  If it's a firmware difference in how replies to group messages are handled, will the 66i firmware be updated to include the same feature?

Is there any other superior capability of the 67i that's not shown in the comparison?

• What Advantages Do Multi-Band Devices Have Over Other Models?

• More consistent tracklogs and improved positioning when using the device in challenging environments (e.g. around tall buildings in urban canyons as well as tree cover).

• Can achieve accuracy within about +/- 2 meters or 6 feet under ideal conditions versus the +/- 3 meters or 10 feet accuracy of other models.

• Detect (and reject) reflected satellite signals better than a single frequency receiver which improves accuracy.

• Better equipped to account for and correct errors that can be introduced by atmospheric effects (e.g. ionosphere errors).

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=9NWiPDU4gM0JWMfdWFol7A

Not sure about the group message thing. Isn’t the group messaging part done only via the messenger app and perhaps the 66i will also get an update for being compatible with the app (I think dcr mentioned this)? 

The 67i has a significant better battery life compared to a 66i.

• Yes, group messaging refers to the MESSenger app. Nobody except Garmin knows what other iR devices will eventually be afflicted with MESSenger. 

Multi-frequency is different from multi-GNSS. Multi-GNSS just refers to the ability to use several constellations (GPS, Galileo, GLONASS and so forth) to establish a fix. Multi-frequency refers to the ability to use different frequencies (for example, L1 and L2 from GPS). As says, this improves error detection and correction, particularly with regard to ionospheric effects.

This is a decent discussion of the two things:

https://novatel.com/an-introduction-to-gnss/chapter-5-resolving-errors/multi-constellation-and-multi-frequency

• Thanks, twolpert.  I originally posted a question about ionospheric conditions that I now see was answered in another post.  So I've deleted the question now.