Seeking Help with Battery Issue on GPSMAP 66i - Need Advice

Recently, I've noticed that I've been experiencing battery-related problems with my GPSMAP 66i. It's been an essential tool for my outdoor escapades, but the battery performance seems to be acting up. I'm not sure if it's just me or if others have encountered similar issues.Has anyone else had issues with their GPSMAP 66i battery? My device seems to drain faster than it used to, even when I'm not actively using it for navigation or other functions. I've tried adjusting screen brightness It's becoming quite inconvenient during longer trips, and I'd hate to miss out on capturing those breathtaking views or tracking my routes accurately.I'm also wondering if there are any recommended practices to maximize battery life on the GPSMAP 66i. Are there certain settings that I should be aware of, or perhaps specific charging habits that could make a difference?

• Did you try a factory reset? It's a bit pain-in-the-*** because you need to reconfigure your device but it may resolve the issue you're seeing.

Or do you use Connect IQ apps/widgets/data fields? If os try removing those to see if that helps.

Other than that there are the usual tips for improving battery life: disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, use Battery Save mode (this will turn off the screen after certain amount of time), reduce screen brightness, reduce recording frequency.

And finally there's an ConnectIQ widget that shows you the battery status, it might give you some insight in how the battery consumption is. See https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/a9c9b981-1f4c-4399-a270-7d6c7317893e

• Depending on the age and the amount of use of the device, it may be that the battery simply needs to be replaced. 

You can probably find after-market batteries on the web. Others have reported doing the replacement themselves. I would not personally do it myself. I would be worried about damaging the seals and impairing water-tightness. It would certainly void any remaining warranty.

Whether it's under warranty or not, you can return it to Garmin for service. If not under warranty, there will be a fixed service charge. Ask about the amount when you call for the RMA. If you DO return it, Garmin will NOT repair and return YOUR unit. Rather, you will get a refurbished unit. Your unit will then be refurbished and given to somebody else needing service.