Gpsmap 66i SLOW Loading of maps

Gpsmap 66i SLOW Loading of maps, 99%of the time it looks like left picture and once evry two days it looks like the right picture, what is wrong? Ive reset the unit twice and I use europé topo active with base nr activated. Ive uppdated the device with express too

• I'm not sure what you mean. The scale is different in the two pictures. The first one is at 5km; the other at 12km. The scale reflects the zoom level. Zoom level controls the amount of detail shown. Also, some maps only offer coverage at a particular range of zoom levels. In some cases, changing zoom levels may result in changing maps.

• Hello! I understand that different levels of zoom display different levels of detail, the pictures was to show the difference in appereance. Some times i can zoom out to view the whole country and it looks like the second picture, with mountains and shadows etc and stays that way all the way in when i zoom but most times even if i zoom in to 500 meters it looks like the first picture, just blue 'space' i hope i made it clearer

• If you always have the same maps enabled, you should always get consistent results at a fixed zoom level. Perhaps the difference here is whether or not you are routing. And what type of routing you are doing. The first screen shot seems to show waypoints and a blue route line. Not evident in the second picture. I don't remember how this works, but I am pretty sure that routing can affect which map is used (and shown).

Edited to add: First one also shows a navigation dashboard, indicating that you are navigating.

• HI thanks again for the input, this dosent seem to affect it , might be something wrong with my unit then?

• You might check the map configuration to be sure that the maps which are enabled are the ones you expect.

Other than that, I am out of ideas. Sometimes when the devices are acting oddly, a factory reset will get them back on track. However, that's a big hammer. You will lose all user data (waypoints, routes, recordings, etc.) on the device. In addition, you will need to repeat the outdoor portion of inReach activation. I hesitate to recommend that here because there is still a good chance that I don't understand something about your setup - and that there is nothing wrong other than my misunderstanding.

If that does not work, or if you'd rather do that, open a support ticket.

• Nothing wrong with the unit, this is a firmware bug Garmin software engineers need to resolve

• Any way to fix it yourself? Have u talked to garmin?