Expedition mode in 8.80 ?

after update to 8.80 , I was on a mission and have set a fully charged 66i to expedition mode (auto)

Surprised that instaed this would preserve power for longe time as I was used to before, this time the battery was drained to less then 5% after abt 12hrs

Is there some bug in exp mode in 8.80?

• great news! So I will check now daily if it comes here too (europe)

Hope they fixed some other issues as well

• OK, I had the 9.00 firmware update available and installed. No change log posted yet although I found one on a French GPS site and it did say if fixed "possible" problems with Expedition Mode. Hopefully this will tidy up the myriad glitches induced by the 8.80 version. Update 2.1.21: modest testing on dog walks suggests they've fixed the tracking issue, and no obvious major battery drain although I've not been able to run it several days yet. And they DID email me--except that the email referred to a problem with my "Montana." Go figure. I love Montana, but I don't own a Garmin one! But at least they did follow up after taking my email upon the initial report in December. 

• Part of a long list:

• Fixed possible issues with expedition mode.

See separate discussion for the full list

• 9.0 propagated to the old world now too.

So far I can see that some things are fixed, other issues still remaining, I reported them on 8.50 already.

I started some basic test with expedition mode now, will see how it behaves tomorrow.

• Hey, skyeye.  If you have time to do tests on Expedition Mode.  Please take notes on the battery life and on how it records elevation on a multi-hour movement with elevation continuous disabled and where you resume out of Expedition Mode and back in a couple times during the track.