Garmin 66i Battery usage

Im intertested in getting a Garmin 66i but im having hard time finding information about the battery usage of the unit under the my circumstances. My main use for the unit would be making tracks that i can follow at a later date. All i need is the device to store my tracks locally with good accuracy. Currently i use a 64st which i get about 15 hours of tracking on one set of batteries at auto intervals for tracking. I also have a 30x and i get about 24 hours on one set of batteries with the same setting. Im wondering what others get for battery life on the 66i using these types of settings? thanks

I figures i should note i do need the screen from time to time to check my track or check im still on track so i keep my screen on with backlight off. I do not need bluetooth or any other features running except for tracks.

• If it helps, I recently used my 66i it for a 6-day trek, 

I used it for following a trace that I had copied to the SD, and also recording the trace, once a second, about 9 hours per day, also using Inreach and Bluetooth

One full day emptied about half the battery, checking often as where I was, no or few signposts so needed to check the trace often

Backlight turned off as the screen is just great unless cloudy, dark etc,

I'm pleased with the 66i battery life, far better than the 64s that I had before,  it charges quite quickly from an external battery pack that I use for it and my phone

• Why would anyone buy this 66i if the battery life is so questionable? It is not like this is a cell phone which is on 24/7. After may maybe 30 days on the trail in 3 years and the battery starts reducing charge time and capacity diminished would you have to pay another $170 dollare for a refurbished unit? Garmin will not replace the battery in your original unit. Now your out close to $700.00 for this product. Shame on stores like REI who promote the sale of these items. SHOP ELSEWHERE!!!

• The terms of the warranty are going to be the same no matter where you buy. It's Garmin, not the retailer.

When your phone is out of warranty and the battery capacity decreases to an unacceptable level, do you expect the manufacturer to replace the battery for free? The only difference here is that Garmin does not replace the battery in your unit and return your unit to you. Instead, you get a refurb unit. (And your unit is then refurbished and given to somebody else.)

Yes, the exchange cost no doubt exceeds the cost of the replacement battery itself. There are people on the forums who replace their own batteries with aftermarket products. Personally, I would not because I would worry about the integrity of the seals afterwards. But there are people here who do it.

Any loss in capacity (due to charge cycles, storing fully charged, passive shelf life, or whatever) is inherent in the battery chemistry. Yes, the original quality of the battery matters. But it's not like you have a choice.