GPSMAP 66i and external battery pack (charger)

Why all of a sudden will external battery packs not charge my GPSMAP66i?  The same four battery packs (see picture) that used to charge my 66i won't charge it now.  My Windows PC USB outlet will charge it.  Every one of the many AC plug-in USB chargers will charge it.  An automobile cigarette lighter USB charger will charge it. The USB battery packs still charge every other other USB device in my pack (headlamp, kindle, camera, Steripen.)

Is this the result of an update?  Did I unwittingly change some setting?  Will a different lightweight 10WHr battery pack work?  If so, where do I get a couple of them right away?

I need a solution fast.  In two days, I leave the grid and won't have access to AC power, the Internet, cell service or resupply for almost four weeks.  During most of that time the 66i will be my only means of outside communication and my only electronic navigation.  In the past I've relied on the two black Anker chargers in the picture.  One provides a full 66i charge, the other provides about 1.3 66i charges.  Starting with a full charge, that's enough for more than three weeks of 66i use the way I use it.  But now it looks like I have a serious problem.

Just a guess: This has something to do with external battery packs shutting down when there is no current load.  This is to save energy in the external battery.  So it's not necessary for AC chargers.