Custom maps .kmz overlay question

quick clarification, this question is for 66s model, which i understand from the gps perspective is identical to 66i.

i am trying to add custom overlays, in kmz format, and from reading the specs it quoted by garmin that for the 66 models there is an increased limit of 500 jpegs as compared to 100 for pretty much all other hand held gps.

i

when loading overlays through basecamp, i seem to be hitting the 100 limit when basecamp gives me an error saying that my gps can't support any more custom maps/images and i need to delete some.  this happens when i try to load a 3rd overlay, all 3 of them are made up of 36 jpegs so with some other overlays it seems to throw up right at around 100 jpeg limit.

all of the kmz files were processed through kmzfactory already to be within the garmin's limit, that's why each overlay is comprised of 36 images, so "that" is not an issue.

can someone please confirm that they can load more than 100 images onto their gps?  is this a basecamp issue or firmware of the 66?

any tips would be appreciated.