gpsmap 66i second generation with solar panel & questions

hello, will the gpsmap 66i second generation have a solar panel, like what's in the garmin fenix 6x solar watch? there's more screen room for one (or put it on the back).

how good is the gpsmap 66i from a software standpoint? 

have any of you disassembled it and how difficult was it to replace the battery?

• Your first question won't get an answer from anybody who might actually know.

Software is stable, and more or less full-featured as far as I'm concerned. Not had any major issues.

I doubt anybody has disassembled one yet, as all are still well within warranty periods.

• I personally think that because of the size of the display and over all battery consumption we will not see a version with solar functionality. The best solution is to buy a external foldable solar pane.

The solar functionality for the 6x pro solar is a nice gimmick. I got about 2% battery in 6 hrs for my 6xPS with the internal solar loader. With my external foldable solar panel I got 4% in 20 minutes...(device only laying in direct sun in watch mode).

• The display is bigger than the watch. 3,000mah across 150 hours of usage is an incredibly low current draw. I don't agree that it's the best solution to have an additional solar panel.

Thanks for the info about the software. That and the battery are my main concern, but it looks to be fairly user replaceable, like the inreach mini.

• I see they have added solar to the Edge cycle computers that are not that different so you might get your wish