One device or two? (66i only vs InReach Mini plus 66st)

I'm hoping this community can provide meaningful input to help me make a decision. I've researched a lot of brands and devices and am now down to these two options:

EITHER a 66i OR an InReach Mini plus a 66st (separate devices for messaging and GPS)

Here's what I've learned (I think - please correct) concerning benefits.

1-device advantages (66i all-in-one):

• [Longer battery life for GPS usage] - Not material
  • Single-device convenience
  • Less total weight than 2 devices - especially if I don't need to bring a power pack
  • About $100 cheaper than 2 devices

2-device advantages (InReach Mini for messaging plus 66st for GPS):

• Longer battery life for messaging (set it and forget it unless there's an emergency - most activity on the 66st)
  • Easy-to-find batteries for the 66st
  • If one device fails, the other still works
  • Ability to carry a single, smaller/lighter device if I don't need GPS (e.g., I know the area well = just bring the Mini)

Please chime in with other pros/cons if you think of something I missed.

The big unknown for me is real-world battery life. Is it reasonable to expect the 66i to last for a 3-day/2-night trip without recharging (occasional GPS usage, expedition mode, 1-2 messages a day...just basic usage)? Longer? For the 66st, I would plan on rechargeables and a power pack (more weight) - will I be disappointed having to charge every night / multiple times a day?

Is there any consideration I haven't thought of? Any advice is appreciated.

Edited to adjust advantages lists above

• wondering what you decided to do and if you chose two devices is there more for subscription fees?

• I bought the 66i and I love it. I took it to Death Valley in November 2020 and spent 5 days on the trail. It was in expedition mode when I wasn't actively using it on the trail. I probably woke it up and checked the route I had created about 6-8 times a day (the trail was not very well marked). In the evening at camp I would send 2-5 messages each night and again in the morning before we broke camp. I turned it off while we slept. At the end of those 5 days the battery was at about 40%. You can easily make a full week on the trail using like I described and still have enough reserve to make an SOS call if needed.

Re: the subscription fees. I chose the "Freedom Plan" / "Recreation" and just buy it for a month when I know I'll be using the device. For $35 it's worth the peace of mind if I only use it on one trip that month. I'll probably end up activating for a month like that 3-5 times during a given year so that works for me.

• The two device scenario involves one iR device (which has a subscription fee) and one non-iR device (with no subscription fees). For any given plan, the iR subscription fee is the same no matter what iR device you choose.