66i with garmin os maps the map stays still

66i with garmin os maps the map stays still and my location pointer ends up off the map until I plan around the map to find my location. Can I set my location to be centre of the map and the map move? This was as I was following a pre loaded gpx track also when I set a way point and navigated to it.

• This sounds like you might have the map in pan mode to begin with. The default behavior is to keep the current location triangle in view. However, once you start to pan (by using the arrow rocker buttons on the map screen), it stays in pan mode. In that mode, the screen keeps the white panning pointer in view no matter where you move. 

If you can see the white panning pointer, you are in pan mode. In pan mode, you will also a "dashboard" showing the distance and bearing to your location. Press Quit to leave panning mode. Or leave the map screen and return to it. 

Routing does affect map positioning. I have never really understood the rationale behind the positioning. At one time, I thought that the auto-zoom setting had an effect on this, but turning it off does not get the desired behavior. I'm not in a position to verify anything at the moment. Stuck in the office.

• Thank you that's sorted it knew it would be something simple

• Tested direct navigation to waypoint on my way home. Current location remained centered on the screen.

• I have tried it too today and after pressing the quit button the map tracks as it should, really appreciate your help cheers