misleading advertising

Hello, I post here because I'm not able to reach the support service (france).

Like a lot of people I suppose, I still waiting for the meteo fonctionality.

THe last update don't solve this issue. I'm surprosed to see a product launched with not all its functionalities, whereas the advertisements clearly announce the weather function (simple or premium).

I plan to be reimbursed for the product and subscription.

What do you think about it ?

• As far as I know, the 66i was not announced with inreach weather (weather via satellite). It was announced with weather via smartphone/wlan/garmin connect mobile connection (and this is working good) while, for example, the inreach mini was announced with optional inReach weather forecast service. So you/a lot of people may have misinterpreted something? Of course all people have thought it would come with inreach weather, like the other released inreach devices. Or am I wrong and it was first announced with inreach weather and they have removed it?

But I hope, that Garmin will add the inreach weather functionality for the 66i, too.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=mXA64S0vQ57C5zXUkTd6W9

So I would wait.

• Sorry, you're wrong.  It was announced with weather.  They have removed it from all their material.  It is still referenced in the 3rd party announcements (REI, DCRainmaker) etc.  They aren't going to go back and revise their reviews - nor should Garmin remove features from the list after we have purchased them!

The weather feature is in the manual.  It used to be listed on their website before they removed it.

I purchased my 66i for this Winter climbing season.  The season is over.

Pretty disappointed really.  I love Garmin product but there are consumer laws about false advertising, misleading statements etc.  For what appears to be a simple thing to implement, Garmin have really missed the mark here.

• I think I have a different definition of "working diligently".  support.garmin.com/.../

•  Thanks for clarification. Because of that I wrote: „Or am I wrong and it was first announced with inreach weather and they have removed it?“.

• Hi, Garminion.  I think you missed it.  Poster 6215004 is right that the product was originally introduced in June with satellite weather as part of the user manual.  Like 6215004, I'm eager to get that feature.  It's an important one.  I disagree with him about Garmin being derelict in releasing the product without that feature.  The 66i was a valuable addition to my gear even without the weather capability.  I'm glad Garmin introduced it then even though everything promised wasn't ready yet.

• Wow hopefully its still coming..  If not thats a significant downgrade.

Im a mini owner and the satelite weather feature has enabled informed decisions that affect my safety.  As example on a multiday trip with no cell coverage a heavy rain forecast means I stay where I am and dont attempt a route with midway multiple river crossings.  In locations with rapidly rising/falling water tables without the forecast I could become trapped between two rising side streams.

Not cool Garmin to remove it from product descriptions and hope no one would notice.

• I doubt that they removed it in the hope that no one would notice. I'd be more inclined to think that they're trying to keep the marketing material accurate until the feature is actually released. Just my opinion, of course.

• Problem solved: inreach weather added with fw update 5.40:

Changes made from version 4.30 to 5.40:

• Added support for inReach Weather
    • Added ability to add Contacts, LiveTrack, and Messages setup items to the main menu
    • Added support for adjusting volume of device tones
    • Improved Active Weather user interface
    • Improved display of inReach messages on the map
    • Fixed issues with downloading BirdsEye imagery
    • Fixed issue with not properly resetting Ascent, Descent, and Elevation fields in Trip Computer