Topoactive America's North 2019.10 update

New member here. First GPS. 66i. My question is. I already have Topoactive America's North 2019.10 installed on my device. When I connect to my computer via Garmin Express it says I have a update for Topoactive America's North 2019.10, it's 7 GB file size and I have 8 GB. Available space on the 66i.. Since I have this map on device already do I still update and will it use an additional 7 GB of storage on my device? If so. Should I wait and try to update to SD card when I get one? Thanks very much.

• The update will replace the existing map.  It may use a little bit more memory overall - it depends on the changes in the new version.  Take a note of the size of the file in the 66i > Garmin folder called gmapprom.img before and after and let us know here if you like. 

For future reference I'll note here that the size of the 2019.11 TopoActive map for Australia and New Zealand (as seen on a PC in File Explorer (on the main screen, not the Properties box) is 1,204,416 KB.  I did not take note of what it was at version 2019.10.

• I had a similar question recently, but it turned out that the maps loaded to my device were not that large, and I still had plenty of free space after the update!

As TonyKiwiGPS stated, the update overwrites the existing maps, so it is largely a wash. Do keep in mind that the topo map is not the only map that is updated, this is the reason for the 7GB reported map update size. The DEM map and other files will also be updated.

• It ended up only adding 300 mb. Thanks guys for the replies.