Bluechart support

I just received my 66i here in the UK.

Other than hiking, its main purpose is as backup navigation device on our boat.

We have full Garmin navigation kit on board, and hence also have the latest Bluechart G3 Vision chart linked to our Garmin account.

In Garmin Express, this map DOES appear under the purchases tab for my Fenix 5 watch (though I can't install it as it is larger than the internal storage of the watch).

Under the 66i section, the map does not appear under purchases, simply saying "There is no content for this device".

The Garmin site would appear to indicate the map/device should be compatible....indeed if you go to maps on the 66i page, it suggest the G3, G3 Vision charts as being recommended purchases for marine charts.

Can anyone point me in the direction of what might be wrong here?

• You don’t see it in Express for your 66i, because you haven’t purchased it for your 66i. You can ask perhaps Garmin Support, if they exceptionally move the map from your Fenix 5 purchase to the 66i.   

• I didn't buy it for the Fenix either, I bought it for the "Vessel" which appears as another "device" within Garmin Express....yet it allows supplementary download for Fenix 5...and not for 66i.

Actually I just yesterday purchased an upgrade for our chart to 2019.0 version...it appears now as "ready to activate" under Fenix 5 (WHICH I'VE NOT CLICKED ON), and still doesn't appear under 66i.

• Everything online suggested you should be able to do it; although I'm going to guess you will need to either pull your G3 card from the chart plotter, or buy a second copy.  I suspect the Fenix copy is supplemental because you can't really use your watch instead of a plotter.  You normally need to buy charts for each device (especially marine charts) unless you want to move the card from device to device.  Navionics works this way, and Garmin owns Navionics and hasn't changed this practise.  

I'm keen to do the same so hope I'm wrong, but my guess is you need to purchase the charts again Disappointed

• I can't vouch for the accuracy of this, but it suggests g3 cards and not g3 Vision - so at least you don't need to buy the most expensive card ?

• Thanks confirms what I thought...G3 Vision should be compatible with both Fenix5+ and 66i.
    I really hope it's not the case that Garmin allows supplemental download on the watch, but not the 66i, simply based on navigational capability of each device. I had fully expected a purchase on a Garmin account to be valid for those devices linked to that account.

Particularly further annoying, as the allowed supplemental download for the watch, is completely useless as the chart does not fit on the watch (mainly because of all the satellite imagery, aerial photos etc. included in the chart, which can't anyway be used on the watch)

• Generally speaking, downloaded Garmin cartography is locked to the specific device for which it was purchased (or first installed - I can't remember the details). Maps on cards are "locked to the card", if you will. So the card must be physically moved. That's a licensing issue, not a compatibility issue.

To get a definitive answer to the question, you're going to have to open a tech support call. Hopefully, they can settle both the compatibility and licensing issues.