Distance from tee displayed on Z82 but not on golf app

I am a new owner of the z82 and plan to use it with the Garmin Golf app on iPad/iPhone. The 2D displays are different when I am not near a selected course. When I select Play Golf on the z82 and select a course the 2D overlay shows the yardages from the tee box even though I am nowhere near it. It seems to assume that I am standing on the tee box for every hole as I progress through the holes. I like this and plan to use it to prepare a strategy for my tee shots before a planned game. The Golf app, however, does not display any yardages; it does not position me on the tee. I would like to be able to use the larger and more convenient display of the iPad for preparing my tee shot strategies. Is there any way to force yardage displays from the tee on the golf app without being physically present on the tee?

• The round of golf and distances provided when using the Approach Z82 are provided on the Z82 specifically, and will not display in the Garmin Golf app. The Garmin Golf app scorecard option where you can start a round of golf is for the live scoring feature, and does not provide any distances to users. 

There is no option to get yardages to display within the Garmin Golf app during rounds, the distances are all provided by Garmin golf compatible GPS devices.