This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin won’t stay connected to phone

The phone will do the initial connection but will then just keep disconnecting and thus the wind info is rarely available. I have the latest app version and I’m connecting the phone via the app, hitting the refresh connection in the app does nothing, if I connect within the normal iPhone Bluetooth settings and only then will the connection work within the app . Any suggestions ?

• Make sure to keep the Z82 within bluetooth range to your smartphone (10-15ft). Keep in mind bluetooth signal is weakened outdoors compared to the range you may see indoors within walls. 

The Z82 also has a power saving feature where it will go into power save mode when not being held and activity used. You may need to wake the device up holding it so the sensor in the thumb grove is being touched and then open the Garmin Golf app on your phone keeping the Garmin Golf app running in the background to maintain the connection properly.