This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GPS Range Not Updating After 4.10 Update

I've noticed that the GPS range no longer updates correctly after the V4.1 update on my device.  Prior to the update, the GPS range (front, middle and back) would live update as I was walking.  The location icon on the hole overlay updates fine, just not the ranges.

This was not the case before V4.10. I did already contact Garmin support, which is very good BTW. They have opened a case.  Just want to post here in case others run into the issue.

• Any solution? I have the same problem.

• Nothing yet. I was told the case is under review though. Bummer because essentially makes GPS useless until it’s fixed. Might make sense to also contact support. 

If anyone else reads this would suggest not updating until fixed. Unfortunately, most people won’t get to these forums till it’s too late. I bet most people never even update the device though. 

• I too had same issue. Chatted with Garmin support and they said that they did not duplicate the problem. But they gave me a solution to do a factory reset for the language.  This worked for me. Went to the course and the GPS range was changing and acting normal.  Here is the link:

My Approach Z82 is in the Wrong Language

Update:

This fix did not work. After taking it to the course. The GPS is still not updating. Contacted Garmin support and sent pictures showing my Garmin was not updating.  I advise anyone else who has issues to contact Garmin support.  They make it sound like I'm the only one who has the issue.

• Unfortunately, at least for me, neither the language reset or a factory reset fix the issue. Oddly the bottom right area just will not update until you shoot something with the laser. The GPS yardage and the phone sync icon all will not update until the laser is used. Very frustrating.

• Any news yet. I have same issue 

• No fix yet. They have contacted me a few times on it, which I think is a good sign. I sent them another screenshot and they had me send some logs over from the phone connection.  They said that was helpful and they are working on it. I think the more people that contact them with the issue the more likely we are to get a quick fix.

Interestingly, at least in my case, it is the entire bottom right portion of the display that doesn’t update (front, middle back and phone sync icon).  I don’t think it has anything to do with the GPS data since the yardages on the hole overlay update fine. Just a display issue.

• Keep me posted. I’ve logged a similar complaint and all I’m being told is to do a reinstall 

• Ok, good to know the suggested fix didn’t work for you either. 

• I have this same issue after updating the firmware on my Z82. Quite annoying.

• I’ve just had another chat and they acknowledge that there is a software issue and are working on it. 
    so keep updating over the next few weeks!!!!

in the meantime sight something whilst playing the hole as a work around