S70 Plays Like continues to not work.

I've had this watch since Christmas and continue to have problems with the plays like feature.  When I first purchased it; the plays like NEVER was a yard different than the first screen center of the green number in yellow even when I had slope and wind that were clearly showing up on the screen when I advance it to see how it calculates the plays like yardage.  For instance; a par 3 I play every week plays downhill about 10 yards and is always with the wind which varies from 5-15MPH.  It shows the center of the green to be 145 yards, AND the plays like to be 145 yards.  This is the same on EVERY hole.  Even though it shows the calculations for wind/slope/pressure it doesn't actually show a different plays like number; it always matches the center of the green number.

A few weeks ago I did a reset on the watch and for ONE round it DID show a different yardage indicating it was finally working.  Now today I go out after a system update to the watch that was done before I left the home and AGAIN; the plays like doesn't work.

Do I have a lemon or is this feature just unreliable.  I paid $700 for this watch to HAVE this feature otherwise I'd just use my rangefinder which has slope but can't account for wind/pressure.

I'm really getting frustrated that this consistently doesn't work and would love any ideas on why.

• Directly on the watch, tap the middle button on the side to open the quick access menu from the time screen > Select the Settings box > Then select Golf Settings > Tap on the PlaysLike option from the list > From there you can customize how the PlaysLike feature provides information. 

The PlaysLike Distance feature can affect the calculation based on wind, air pressure wind, weather (to utilize air density, or you can customize the factors through the home conditions section. 

If the watch needs the location to update and is not paired to the Garmin golf app, that could affect the reading being accurate. Other factors like the barometric altimeter sensor needing calibrated, the GPS signal strength throughout the round can also affect the reading. 

Below is a link to our support page showing more info on the specifics for PlaysLike Distance on the S70: 

• I had the same problem today. Please don't fob us off with your standardised replies, this is an expensive watch and needs to work. 

The wind shows on the watch, I'm connected to garmin golf and yet despite there being a 15mph wind in my face, the distance to the flag and "plays like is identical" which is nonsense. How is this going to be fixed? 

• Same.  I can count on one finger.. out of the dozens of rounds I've played with this watch where the plays like differs from the yardage on the first screen despite wind, elevation, and temperature differences.  It was the ENTIRE REASON I spent $700 on a damn watch before taxes.

• When will this be fixed?  I got it to work for ONE ROUND this entire year since purchase out of about 40 rounds I've played thus far.  This is unacceptable.  I paid $700 plus tax for THIS FEATURE yet it NEVER WORKS.

• You should make sure the software is up to date on your device. Currently, version 17.28 is the most current version available for your device. 

Also in my previous response I steps to check and make sure your location settings are set for precise location. 

Essentially, there is not a software specific issue open for the S70 at this time regarding PlaysLike Distance...so if you are still having a concern, hopefully you have contacted support. You should also ensure your units of distance are set to the unit of measurements you are expecting in the System settings directly on the watch. 

• Did you solve this? I’ve just got the watch and no research was fixing it but I’ve just gone to settings, golf settings & restore golf defaults and it has fixed it. 

• I have the same problem. It can say 145 to the middle of the green and in "Plays like" its also 145 even though wind is +10 and elevation +10. I have played with it for a year now and it has never worked.

And when im at it, how come plays like only works on the middle of the green and not on a spot I have picked?

• When the front, middle, and back distances are displaying on the screen next to picture of the hole layout...tap the three distances to confirm PlaysLike Distance is enabled which will then show the triangle up/triangle down/Square icons next to the three distances. 

Tapping the picture next to the distances showing the hole layout will take you into hole view enabling touch targeting to tap any section of the map to reveal a distance from where you are located on the hole...to the spot you selected. The distance touch targeted will also show an up triangle/down triangle/square icon next to the distance indicating the value incorporated the PlaysLike value. 

Confirm your Settings > Golf Settings > PlaysLike section to see if PlaysLike is enabled > Here you can also see if Wind, Weather, or Home Conditions are enabled on your device. If you have tournament mode enabled...PlaysLike will be disabled on the watch. 

During the round, make sure the Garmin Golf app is running in the background on your smartphone, with the watch maintaining a Bluetooth connection with your smartphone throughout the round so wind and weather will update throughout the round on the watch.