Brand new Garmin s62 Gesture always on not working

I've had my s62 for about 3 hours exploring settings, find the gesture always on option. Turned it on and it worked for about 1 hour and no longer functions. I reset my watch and reinstalled the garmin app. I have software version 4.4 and fairly certain everything has been updated.

Any ways to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Kyle

• Check the Settings > System > Backlight menu to confirm that "Only during activity" is not enabled for the backlight gesture setting. If "Only during activity" is switched on, the gesture will only work while recording a round of golf or other activity type started from the Activity menu list. 

Another setting recommended to check is Settings > User Profile > Confirm the "Wrist" setting is set properly for the wrist that you wear the watch on to ensure that the sensors on the watch are calibrated to the proper angles of movement to enable the backlight to turn on through the gesture setting. 

If you are still having concerns after checking the two sections above, then try powering your watch off > Power back on to reboot > Upon reboot, check and see if the gesture feature is then back to working properly through the natural movement of lifting up your wrist and turning the watch face towards you to view the screen and initiate the backlight on.