S62 shot tracking

I just tried out my new S62 this weekend on a golf trip and out of the three rounds, I got it to track 1 shot on the first hole of round 3. Which didn't even show up until I connected it thru the computer. I have reinstalled the golf app and connect (which tell me my device is up to date) I have factory reset the watch, I have read every post on this forum, still can't get this to work. I have played golf with the venue 2 for the last three years and has worked pretty much flawless. Maybe 1 shot missed per round at worst, but rare. Never had to connect to express, nothing. 

I am a right handed golfer using it on my right wrist, I know you are supposed to wear it on the lead wrist. I used the venue and venue 2 this way for years and never an issue until I decided to "upgrade" to the golf specific s62 watch. 

Are the swing sensors different and is the only option to wear it on the lead wrist? I just connected to express and looks like the only updates that got pushed was some time zones and course maps. 

Any guidance would be appreciated before I return it and go back to the venue 2