Are the average club distance stats taking into account every single shot including miss-hits and creative club useage?

Im sure its been said before, but I often need to use a low lofted club like a 4 iron to get out of danger or out from under trees. I also use mid irons like a 7 or 8 around the greens which are both completely different to my normal full swing shots which I think is effecting my average club distances and Watch Caddy suggestions. 

Im not a perfect ball striker but any means and sometimes chunk, thin, shank or top the ball and I begrudgingly add the club I used to my stats but I worry it will bring down my normal hitting averages for that club. I also get incorrect club distance data when I hit trees even if I did hit the ball really well.
Does Garmin golf notice the super short shots from a normal club average and discount them as statistical outliers or does it average every shot from each club regardless?

To get around the problems above Ive had to make two ‘phantom clubs’ in the app for ‘miss-hits’ and ‘utility’ just to make sure it doesnt effect the average club stats.

If Garmin is averaging every shot, can we have a way (other than the workaround above) to tell the watch or app that the club was not used as a full swing (e.g. like a 4 iron 100 yard punch from under trees) or to register shots as miss-hits?

I really like that you can see in the app every shot on the map including if it was from the fairway, rough or in bunkers. But it would be great if we could also add shot types like bump and run, punch etc. then the app knows these shots shouldnt be used for club average distance and also you can go back and see how well your recovery or other short game shots were.