Green contours taking 5-10 minutes to be pushed to the watch after starting the round

Hi,

There is a painful behavior of the green contours features on my S62. When I start a round on the S62, I receive a pop up notifying me that green contour is available for that course and to open the garmin app on my phone. I do follow the instruction, open the garmin app, download the courses and then nothing .

After waiting 5-10 minutes, my watch reload my round and notify me that green contour has been added. Ok great and I can see the green contours on the s62 but I have lost all my data (shots)  and I've missed the green contours for the hole 1 as I'm generally on the hole 2 by that time... 

My question is how to speed up the sync process between my watch and the garmin app to pull/push the green contours?

Not sure why it's taking 5/10 minutes to load the data to the watch while it's immediately available on the garmin app.

Is there a "sync" timer parameter in the watch that we can tweak to shorten the load cycle? Or maybe manually push the green contours to the watch on demand?

This is beyond annoying, please bring this issue to the Dev team and have them change it, it should be an easy fix.

This is really impacting the user experience and I'm considering cancelling my membership because of this.

Thanks.

• Hello, does performing a manual sync in the app to the phone make any difference? The wait time is typical if you are at a course you haven't played at yet. You may be able to speed up the sync process by opening the Golf app and pressing the sync icon next to the device (circle arrows) which may push that data over quicker.

The other option would be to make sure it's all downloaded prior to visiting the course. If you do continue to have concerns, please hover over my name and send me a private message.

• The Garmin Golf app does NOT have a sync button. There is a sync button in Garmin Connect, but noting I can see when in the Garmin Golf app.

My s62 won't always let me manually choose a course; it just defaults to the closest course, even though I live 5 km away from it. Other times, it only presents the closest courses list when I skip satellite. So if the course I want is not on the "closest" list, I can't see a way to bring it up.

• "The wait time is typically if You haven't played the course before".

Nope, the contours are sent over to the watch every time You play the course, even if You haven't played other courses in between.

At least that is what is happening to me.

Green contours for me is "cheating", so why is there not an option to skip this for those who can't be bothered to have this?

• Pros have caddies and books to basically show  them the contours that Garmin does. Also, golfers that play the same course, learn the contours over time. The watch is supposed to put you on the same playing field. It's especially useful if one plays different courses. 

You need to subscribe to contours, so that's your option; just don't subscribe is you don't want green contours.  

• I subscribe to hth after purchasing R10, and then I started getting green contours.

I don't mind people using it, but for me it's just annoying.

If I could pay less and don't receive contours, thst would work for me Slight smile

• I have an S62, but started finding the Contours unreliable. It tells me to open the Garmin App on my phone...I do this but what next, as there are NO messages. Too much trouble and far too expensive. The monthly rate at about $16 CAD is a bit excessive. I would be good with $5. I have cancelled my subscription. 

• We just released Garmin Golf app version 2.14 available to install for iOS and AndroidOS. Once installed, if you have any concerns with green contours please send me a direct message so I can gather some additional info from you. 

Improvements and fixes to green contours have been implemented in the latest update to the Garmin golf app. 

Thanks, 

- Cody 

• Does it fix EPO problem too?  I meant  "Current EPO Info CPE" on my watch. It shows "Missing". My watch basically stop working. I heard a fix is coming soon last time I called support line. I tried this new version, it does not fix the EPO problem.

• Once a fix for your concern is available, our team will let you know via email to the address associated with your Garmin Account. The concern you are referring to is unrelated to this post topic regarding fixes for green contour concerns for certain courses.