Brand New S62 wont charge

I just got a brand new S62 and it does not charge.

• Hello, when you plug it in does it light up, but when you take it off the battery is depleted immediately and it shuts off?

Or is it not turning on at all? If it's not turning on at all, connect it to the charger and press and hold the middle button in for about 30 seconds. Release the button and press and hold it in for another 5 seconds.

The watch should power on and charge normally. 

• This seems to be an on-going known issue. I have purchased 5 cables, tried to charge my S60 (same connection as S62) for years, it was a guessing game, would it charge today? Years of random experience until I spent 2 hours with a support person to:
    a) reset my watch,

b) delete a duplicate profile (which was because the app was downloaded on my ipad as well as my iphone with the same email address - which I did not realize still created a "duplicate" account).

c) I started using a old netgear brick (model ssw-2458) with my garmin cable plugged into it. (Can't use an apple brick or pretty much any other brick out of about 8 that I tried). 

I had not connected it to my computer since that day which I think was in January 2022. (Connecting to my computer seems to also be weird and random and creates all sorts of issues.) Feeling brave and just plugged it into my macbook air - no luck and no connection. Then tried my mac book pro - no luck. 

It just can't be that difficult to have a USB cord work with computers and bricks. I get it is a different power/amp or whatever level but surely with this many years of experience either sell the wall plug in bricks and make it easy to actually get connection through a wired experience to download maps etc. 

I was going to buy an S62 when it first came out and then decided to wait to see if the nightmare continues ..... and it does from the threads that I have read about connection issues. 

I continue to be a loyal customer, simply praying that the charging/connecting capabilities catch up with the other qualities of the Garmin name and devices. 

Patiently waiting to see when it makes sense to but a new watch. 

• I have the same problem. My S62 stop charging last Saturday. Please help 

• My s62 is one year old and stopped charging. I tried what tech support suggested and nothing worked. I really love the s62 over all other range finders. I just bought the bushnell shadow 2 for $130. It works fine but I really missed  the s62 distance measurement to see how far I hit my drives.  I will have to buy a laser to add to my shadow 2 to get the functionality of the s62 .  At least I know I can replace batteries if they die. Total bummer. I won’t be buying garmin any more.

• My s62 is one year old and stopped charging. I tried what tech support suggested and nothing worked. I really love the s62 over all other range finders. I just bought the bushnell shadow 2 for $130. It works fine but I really missed  the s62 distance measurement to see how far I hit my drives.  I will have to buy a laser to add to my shadow 2 to get the functionality of the s62 .  At least I know I can replace batteries if they die. Total bummer. I won’t be buying garmin any more.

• Mine stopped working after closed to two years. I called Garmin support and spoke to a guy from Oregon. I got a new replacement after two weeks but had to pay $100 because it was out of warranty (I was told).

• Same here.  My S62 wont charge no matter what I try.  Very frustrating.  This may be the last Garmin product I ever buy.

• If you have concerns with the Approach S62 not charging, please contact Garmin Support to troubleshoot the concern. 

• This is an ongoing problem. If I spend $500 on a golf watch, I expect it to charge for at least 5 years. My charging is a hit or miss every time. The charging cable could be simplified to be compatible with standard USB cables. Try to clean out the contacts and still no luck.