This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

gARMIN S62

hI i HAVE A garmin S62 GOLF WATCH AND THE GOLF YARDAGE IS SHOWING 15 yards out. it is set in yards can you tell mme why this is or what i can do to resolve the matter paul. 

• Garmin GPS receivers are accurate to within 15 meters (49 feet) 95% of the time. Generally, users will see accuracy within 5 to 10 meters (16 to 33 feet) under normal conditions. There is no guarantee if you return your Approach S62 and receive another new one in the box, if it will be more accurate. There can be a minor difference in the perception between your GPS antenna and the GPS satellites.

• Blimey, 5-10 metres is pretty shocking accuracy. Glad I didn't buy a Garmin golf watch!

• Blimey, 5-10 metres is pretty shocking accuracy. Glad I didn't buy a Garmin golf watch!

We show you own multiple Garmin golf watches. I am unsure why you said you do not own one. We appreciate your business. Thank you. Welcome to our forums. Our worldwide golf community shares a lot of knowledge to help everyone.

GPS positioning is a fun topic taking into account the complexities.

Keep in mind, GPS satellites are intentionally dampened by all governments that own them and that applies to all GPS satellites in use worldwide across all GPS devices that exist across all companies making them. (GPS = USA. Glonass = Russia. Galileo = EU etc.)

What is fun is taking into account the Earth rotates at 1000mph and the GPS satellites travel at 7,000mph. It is quite something when you think about it all working.

Governments only allow their military devices ($$$$$) to be more accurate.