Doesen't ask for score if you forget to select a club

Just noticed what seems to be a bug with the watch. The watch is supposed to ask for score etc once you enter the green, but if you for some reason forget to select which club you used on the last shot before entering the green it wont automatically go into the score setting once you selected the club, which forces you to go into the scorecard manually and enter it. That also causes a weird bug that after a while it will ask for the score of the hole again so you have to just spam "next" through the pages which you have already entered.

So an example which always happens for me, I miss a approach shot anywhere around the green with lets say a 7 iron. I enter the 7 iron club I hit when it asks for it and walks over the the ball, there I hit a short chip shot onto the green and then forgets to choose club for that short chip shot before walking onto the green. When I then enter the club while im on the green it doesent go into the scoring mode so I have to manually go into the scorecard and add it. I then go to the next hole and hit my first shot, enter which club I used and then after that the score information for the last hole pops up and I have to just click next until it goes away again cause I have already entered the correct score etc.

But yea, the second problem could probably be fixed if you just fixed so the score page pops up when you are on the green even if you forget to select club before going onto green since it never asks for the score etc again if the score was entered properly on the green (you dont forget to select a club and it pops up automatically when you enter the green)

Top Replies

All Replies

• Is this fully repeatable?  Do you have any CT10's on your clubs?  For me, even if I forget to the enter the club (which happens way too often) the scorecard still comes up when I walk on to the green.  I do have some CT10's including on my putter so I wonder if that has an impact.

• You might be missunderstanding the issue, yes its repeatable and I dont have any CT10s. Its when you forget to select which club you used so the club selection page stays up when you walk on the green, then once you choose a club or just go back if you dont wanna choose a club it wont enter the scoring page.

• Yes, that's what I thought you were saying.  But for me, when I walk on to the green, the scorecard displays "over" the club selection screen.  I'll play with this a bit next time I'm out and see if I can reproduce it.

I've tried so hard to train myself not to forget to enter the club, this might set me back Slight smile

• Ah okey, that's strange. Would love if that was the case but for me nothing happens when I walk onto the gree, and it happens everytime.

• This is an edit to what I originally gave yesterday. Given that was able to replicate the issue, we will need to move forward to have the issue looked into further with our Golf engineers. I will be watching this thread for your response to his questions and we will proceed from there. Thank you!

• There does seem to be a real issue here.  Trying to reproduce your problem, I was able to reproduce it, along with some other CT10 oddities.  I first just removed my SW and P from the CT10 list, but at the end, I removed all clubs.

First, I did see what you are seeing, where if the club prompt is up when you walk on to the green, the club prompt stays up until you explicitly dismiss it.  This I believe is different than I'd seen before.

Second, when you have the club prompt up on the green, how do you dismiss it?  Do you actually select a club, or do you hit the back button?  Either should work, but hitting the back button on the club prompt screen 100% skips the score card.

I'd argue hitting the back button here is actually the correct thing to do as you don't know what hit the club prompt applies to anymore. 

The last couple times where I made sure to select a club at the club prompt, the score card did come up.  I thought I'd done that earlier and still not seen the score card, but now I'm not 100% sure.

• I nearly always hit the back button since its usually when I chip around the green i forget to choose a club, and since it's a chip I don't wanna ruin the statistics by choosing a club once I'm on the green.

In the last sentence where you say you select a club at the club prompt is it before you enter the green or when you are on the green?

• In both cases it was after I was finished with the hole and walking off the green.

So sounds like I'm seeing exactly what you are seeing.  

Good news it's 100% reproducible, which always makes it easier to fix, if they consider it a bug rather than by design. 

In the meantime, you could always select your putter, or add a club not in your bag and assign those shots to that club.

• and

I have just submitted the potential bug to our Approach S62 golf engineers. Thank you to both of you!

• I have not seen this specific issue, but I think I had noticed something related so I want to chime in. I am not sure if it is a feature or not so sorry if I am derailing the thread.

I have seen instances where my scorecard displays a DASH when I get to the green instead of the number. I don't 100% know the cause yet but I *think* it is also because I hit the back button on a club prompt. Usually when I am playing two balls during a practice round and I hit "back" after the second tee shot because I don't want it to register. I have already selected the club on the first shot.

When this happens putts are still tracked from the CT10 on my putter. I know this because when I manually + the number of strokes, the putts are already correct on the next screen (coincidence? not sure). But the overall strokes will be a DASH.

Like I said, maybe a feature because I hit "back" on a club prompt? But to me it seems like a bug when you hit the back button and is possibly related to the issue you all are discussing. (With my S20 this scenario would result in an unmarked shot showing on the map and I would have to delete it post-round, and the stroke was counted so I would have to manually adjust when I got to the green.)