CT10 successor / new version?

Hi there, I'm keen on getting the Approach CT10's to accompany my S62. However it is now 2020 and the sensors are more than 2 years old.

Is there any word or chance of them getting updated or replaced by a new (thinner / better) version model any time soon?

I Would hate to spend 299,- on them and seeing a new version come out soon after, just because I've missed some press release for example.

Regards Dion

• I have had my CT10 sensors for well over a year now. I’m not sure what else newer sensors would do with regards to providing data. What do you think they’re missing, you have me curious now Slight smile

• Hi there, could be multiple things, but top of mind: better putter support, smaller (less protruding), more sensitive. Things like that I guess, but I base this on other peoples feedback. 

Manufacturers always come up with new and clever reasons for us to want to buy their stuff :)

• I don’t mind the bulk, sometimes they come off on swings so it makes them easier to find. The putting recognition isn’t the best but I’m used to manually changing the putts on my watch so no big deal there. 

I want them to get better at data analytics as well as how they represent the data. To me that’s the whole point of club sensor data. 

• VonBonds,
    I could think of a few things these devices could do especially if they are going to keep them so big and fat. You could add a gyroscope and accelerometer. it means you would need a bigger battery, but those things are massive anyway. If you add those two things you are basically making them into the true swing system and could track how you swing each club. Lets say you miss a lot of putts left, it could tell you where your face is at impact or if you are arcing too much on your path. etc..

• Firmware update! :) 

Add more collection based on phone, watch and sensor, using all three somewhat matched based on a few rounds, could start to provide much more data when used in conjunction with all 3 and the data each sensor can provide.  A few more algorithms or machine learning to provide better data for an update to the watch's software and phone application.  I am unsure of what is built into the CT10 to say what could be done to those with an update over Bluetooth from the phones??

• Can anybody tell me how the CT10 knows where pin is placed. If I use them putting how does it work?

• They don't work that good and you need to manually place the pin on the green using the watch 

• Thanks Chucky L, that is what i have been told by some other but nobody could confirm. What Garmin should do is have the ability that when you pull ball from cup on watch you close out hole and therefore it knows where pin placement is. Not that 
    I will remember to do that but better than moving pin on watch to an approximate area.

• I have had my CT10's for a couple of years, they work fine. However the tops keep falling off (I have taped some of them to hopefully help). I had 15 CT sensors that I purchased in 5 sets  of three, now I only have 12 left because I have lost the tops either on the course or driving range. They are too expensive to replace at this rate, and you cant purchase just the tops (the part with the electronics inside).

Just thought I would pass this on as I am now constantly checking the poor mechanical connection of the caps that remain.

If you are designing a new version please make it a lot more robust. Remember these things are stored in golf bags, upside down with a golg club pressing down, that will get a continuous rattle as you travel down the course.

Great electronic and functional device but very poor durability.