This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can you listen Spotify playlist through Bluetooth headphones without using your phone ?

Former Member
Former Member

Is there anyway of downloading Spotify & Strava to your S62 ? 

I am trying to use my watch for running and want to link my Spotify playlist from s62 & connect To my Bluetooth headphones, whilst Recording on starva without having to take my phone out eveytime. 

is this possible or am I asking to much ? 

• I just got the S62 last week but I don't see any feature around music at all much less specifically around Spotify and I don't know what Strava is. I upgrade from the S60 to the S62 for the heart rate and pulse ox capabilities personally. You might be interested in a more generic function watch over this golf watch with enhanced training features compared to its older siblings.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to vonbonds

Thanks for your response Von,  there Only seems to be music controller which allows you to control music from your phone, whilst in Bluetooth range. 

Strava is a running / Cycle app that allows you to upload your workout add Freinds and complete challenges and so much more. I recommend it to be honest, I think there is a way of linking this up through IQ - I have just not figured that out yet. 

Yes obviously I bought this for the golf, but unfortunately not been able to use that bit due to the virus and lock down. So I have taken up running for 1 hour a day. 

• The Approach S62 has a music control widget that controls music being played on your smartphone through using a Bluetooth connection. You are correct in what you have stated above about the music control.

The Approach S62 does not have the more advanced on board music features that a small handful of Outdoor and Fitness watches contain that allow you to load music and connect Bluetooth headphones to your watch, and leave your smartphone at home. A good example of an outdoor watch that has both worldwide Golf courses, along with maps, and internal Music options built into it, is the Fenix 6 Pro.

• Any reason why this feature couldn’t be included given that it has the same capacity as the fenix 6 or vivoactive 4 for instance? Seems an odd thing to miss out. Especially when it has all the activity tracking features. If I go for a run I want to listen to music. But I wouldn’t take my phone with me. For £479 I’d expect the music capacity as standard. 

• I second this question... Just bought an S62 and really disappointed it doesn't have Spotify functionality. Would seem like a minor addition to make this the perfect smart watch?!

• There are factors such as large differences in software, internal memory, and licensing involved to have such an ability. Consequently, the on-board music ability will not be able to added retroactively into the Approach S62 series watches.