This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Screen protector for S62?

Anyone know if there are screen protectors available for the S62 or at least something made for another model but compatible with the S62?

Top Replies

All Replies

• The only reason we do not recommend adding one and do not sell them ourselves, is due to a protective layer on top of the glass of your Approach S62. Adding a screen protective adhesive plastic layer and then later removing it, could damage that layer. Whether or not you add one is always entirely up to you but please be aware of the risks and why we ask customers to avoid them.

• What if you scratch the factory protective layer?

• Hopefully, that never happens. The decision will always remain up to the owner of the watch if adding one.

In general, I can add that it has been an uncommon and rare conversation that someone has accidentally scratched either their glass, gorilla glass, or sapphire crystal covered displays in our outdoor watches that we offer across the outdoor segment.

• Hi. I would like to protect my watch and I'm an electrician that would like to wear the watch throughout my working day. 

Is there anything available for me to be able to give this expensive watch some added protection?

Thanks.

• We do not provide or make anything additional given the overall durability of the watch with Gorilla Glass. It is actually quite a rare call to have a customer report scratching or breaking their watch. There are third party options for some watches found online. As long as you are aware if it attaches to your glass the potential issues you could run into that I went over above in this thread.

• Hi Chris. Thanks for the reply. 

Unfortunately within my job my wrist can take a bit of punishment given the nature of my role. I previously had the s20 approach which got a dig in the frame of the watch and that was considerably less expensive than the s62. Just worried it will scratch and I'll regret wearing it for daily use. Probably a lot of consumers don't do such a risky job as mine so therfore have no reason to worry.  I appreciate what your saying however and hope the gorilla glass is as tough as you have confidence in. 

Thanks. Steve

• - You might be able to find a bezel protector. I do not know how common they are since there are so many different watches but I have spoken with customers that had similar scenarios as yours and they added a clear tough plastic protector across their watch and bezel so they were not denting it severely.

• In the old days you could get a leather protector that was slotted to fit using the straps and covered the whole face it had a click type release so that you could access the time. I don't understand why someone hasn't come up with a modern version of this I know I would but one. I'm a machine operator and have a Fenix 3 hr sapphire which has lasted well considering the amount of times I have cought the screen on metal surfaces unfortunately my mates cheaper Garmin not so lucky and smashed his watch. I hope the s62 screen I bought it as tough as my Fenix was.