Garmin S60 bluetooth not working

The bluetooth on my garmin s60 periodically stops working.  When it is like this, the battery dies very quickly because it is constantly trying to find my phone I think.  My bluetooth on both the watch and my phone is on.  What could be the problem?

• When the watch and the phone go out of range they will disconnect and then reconnect when back in range. Depending on your smartphone, battery saving features enabled on your smartphone and other permissions for the Connect app running in the background to maintain the sync...can all affect the watch reconnecting back to your phone. 

Based on the description, I am not sure what indication visually is being seen prompting your concern, and I would need to know what steps are being performed to get the watch reconnected to get a better understand of the cause. 

The support pages below should be referenced for more info on troubleshooting and disconnect if needed: 

• The issue is not being out of range.  Also when this happens, I can't power off the watch.  I think the issue was that when it was first loading, I was accidentally entering demo mode.  There is no visual indication that you are in demo mode and no way to leave that mode.  I had to hold power for 10 seconds to turn it off and restart it and then it was fine.

• Demo is entered after the watch is powered on during the rebooting process, where the display shows the alert "Press BACK now to enter Demo Mode" and if the button on the lower right side of the watch is pressed when that alert prompt appears, then the watch will enter demo mode. 

To exit demo mode, simply hold the middle button on the side of the watch and power off. 

If your watch is frozen and unresponsive to button presses...then press and hold the middle button on the side of the watch and keep it held until the display goes blank (takes about 10-15 seconds of holding) > Then release the button > Briefly press and hold the middle button again until the Triangle logo is displayed on the screen > Allow the watch to reboot and it should then resume normal operation going forward.