CT10 Putt Distances

Public Service Announcement (haha): Wow! Just “hooked up” my sensors and played 18. Was SO and Mostly excited to see putting stats/graphics. Yikes! I am shocked at the Rudimentary graphics. What a bummer/let down. I do really like the watch. Having basically what I need on my wrist is awesome, especially on cart path only days, or when I hit my ball one way and my cart partner the other, etc. Eliminates the need for two gps’s, range finders, etc., and lugging them to and from your ball, and not forgetting/leaving something. If you only ever walk, this would not be an issue. However, having had Arcoss I did miss the putting distances, point of where my first (or second, or third lol) putt came from. Be forewarned, even with the sensors, the watch does not do that. It doesn’t charge you a hundred bucks a year or not work properly quite a bit as well either though. So that’s nice. Even without the sensors the watch hardly misses a shot if ever. I’m talking months/seasons. Not rounds/holes. To the person that asked “how would the watch/sensors know where the hole is?” It doesn’t have to. It would just show you the point from which you hit your first putt to the next and so on, connecting each with a line. I will keep the sensors on my wedges as the watch doesn’t always recognize or understand “chips”. At least mine didn’t. To do (score) everything exactly/perfectly correctly I technically would have to “add a shot” especially from just barely off the green. Anyway the watch is great and the sensors ok. Just know before you drop the coin they may not do what you think. 

• Here is a screenshot from the island green of the 17th hole @ Odyssey Country Club in Tinley Park, Illinois. Really? C’mon…

• The reason for the shot map showing the way it is on the photo from your scorecard...is due to the watch still being on a previous/next hole when the shots were recorded. This can occur if the watch is still prompting you to enter the score...if the scoring screen was backed out of prior to teeing off on the next hole...or if information is still awaiting confirmation on a previous hole and subsequent shots are taken on the next. 

More information and tips on recording shots accurately on your device can be found on the Garmin Support page in the link below: 

To ensure shots are capturing and displaying correctly, always confirm the watch is displaying the correct hole on the screen prior to teeing off, and confirm score, stat tracking and any club prompt info on the screen prior to transitioning. The watch can be manually transitioned if you notice that the watch is still on the previous hole during the round. 

• No beano my friend. I tried to leave a “positive critique” regarding one aspect of your product however I now feel obligated to call baloney. I promise you the watch was “on” the correct hole. As a matter of fact, I’m pretty sure the watch not only prompts you with a “buzz” when leaving the previous hole, since installing the sensors it also knows what score i had automatically. The island is just plain missing from the graphics. Thanks anyway though. 

• The info in my last response outlines what typically will cause that specific concern you described initially, and I have determined the cause of your concern...which is uncommon...and requires a simple correction to the way our app displays that specific hole. 

The solution for this is to submit a Golf Course Report form through our site to report the glitch with the golf app map image on hole 16 for that course. Once the course report form is submitted...our golf map team will work on getting the correction made so that the green end of the hole is not cut off.

The Garmin Golf Course Report form can be accessed through the link here: https://www.garmin.com/forms/golfcourses/

On the report form it will prompt you to enter your email, which will be notified once the correction to that hole has been fixed in the app on our end. *Please note, that we do not have a specific timeline for when the correction will be made, and we suggest keeping an eye out for the email that will get sent to you once the fix has been made for the image on that hole. 

The way the graphic is displaying in the Garmin Golf app is not an issue with your watch...nor is it an issue with the CT-10 sensors...as the graphic layout is misaligned only for the graphics that display in the app.

I have confirmed our CourseView mapping displays that hole correctly on our devices, and the island green is not cut off for the layout displayed on the device. The mapping on your watch uses preloaded course maps, that are separate from the graphic that displays in the Golf app. 

• I do believe you are correct sir. If I remember correctly it does in fact show on the watch. I will confirm next time I play there. Thanks!