S60 Watch will take charge, once unplugged battery drops to low %

When my watch is at low percentage, i plug it in (either into a wall outlet or a usb on my PC) for several hours until the face will reads 100%. Once the watch is unplugged, the battery life drains down to what it was prior to plugging it in. 

• Make sure that you are using the original Garmin charging cable, the USB end of the cable should have a Garmin logo stamped into it...if no Garmin logo is on the cable, then it's a 3rd party purchased cable that we would recommend discontinuing to use at that point. 

If you are leaving the watch plugged into a charging source for a long period of time, try checking giving a full charge to 100% and then disconnect vs leaving in charging for long periods of time. This will allow you to check and make sure that the watch did not get locked up on the charging screen or frozen on the screen.

This may happen on a computer if charging, as most computers have a power saving mode that will enable after a couple of hours, leading to the watch not getting ejected when the device powers off and cuts USB off. 

If you continue to have a concern, contact Garmin Support to discuss the concern with an expert.