Penalty strokes

I guess this question has been asked before, but I cannot find a satisfactory answer yet:

Penalty strokes are added for statistical purposes, but I cannot see/ add them in the total result of the scorecard. This seems a simple mathematical function, so I'm wondering: when is this feature available?

Thanks in advance for all the constructive reactions! Play on!

• Same question.on my approach s62. At some point I see penalty in Stat performance. After trying to edit the scorecard, specifically the penalty I do not see the penalty anymore, and have not found a way to edit or even view the penalties. No reliability, therefore a poor feature. This question is out there for more than 3 years.. 

• It is possible to obtain information about your penalty strokes by requesting a personal data export from Garmin. This can be done by visiting the following website: https://www.garmin.com/nb-NO/account/datamanagement/exportdata/

From there, navigate to folder DI_CONNECT, then to DI-GOLF, and finally to Golf-SCORECARD. By leveraging suitable Excel skills, you can gain an overview of all your penalty strokes.

However, it is worth noting that this method is unnecessarily complicated. Garmin should prioritize adding this feature directly to their user interface, allowing users to easily and efficiently retrieve this information without having to go through such cumbersome processes.

• Yeah that is not a viable solution what so ever. Having to export to another program to get data that was already input. I like the auto shot tracking but when I look back where are the penalties. For penalties you take the next shot from same location while others are drops at other locations. I still haven’t figured out how that is logged with auto tracking and I am editing rounds. 

The scorecard for one needs a massive improvement. Developers should look to “The Grint” get some ideas of improvements. The scorecard for Grint shows among other things per hole, drive location Left/Right etc, GIR, # putts, tee club selection, and initial putt distance. That last would be a nice improvement to scoring on the watch app as well. After asking number of putts ask for the distance of first putt, ie gimme, 3-5-10-15-20-30+. So it is an estimate of course but for me it’s useful data. I have been using it for years and if there was a way the tie my watch to this app it would be awesome.

All said I am only 2 rounds in to using the watch and as if  now overall I love the watch. Overall I am disappointed in the Garmins golf app and this could use some improvements. My recommendation is to partner with The Grint. 

wow that was a long reply and probably the wrong place to put all this details. 

• Penalty strokes are entered directly on the watch during the round. The Stat Tracking feature must be enabled in the Golf Settings on the watch, and are entered when the stat tracking prompt appears at the end of the hole prior to the score being entered. The stat tracking prompts asks for putts, fairway position, and penalties to be entered.