S60 will charge but won't connect to computer

My Garmin S60 will charge but won't register on Garmin Express when I try to connect.

I am trying to update because all my shots aren't being recorded.

Have done factory reset but still doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

• Try it on another USB port. Don't use an USB hub. Maybe a new cable.

• I have tried doing all of these but still doesn't connect

• If you're on a new Mac laptop, you have to use a USB hub. Garmin needs to do away with this garbage cable setup. Years of issues from what I can see.

• USB hubs are actually not recommended...nor are multiport adapters if using Mac/PC computers that now only support USB-C. 

For those using older Garmin devices (which were released when USB-A was still the most common on Macs & PC) and are needing a USB-C solution...Garmin offers many USB-C cables for our different cables types. 

For example, the cable that all of our Garmin Approach Golf watches released from the Approach S60 (2016) and newer...we offer that connector type with a USB-C end. 

Link to our site to the product page for reference if needed: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/894160/pn/010-13278-00

The concern this user was posting about 2 years ago was likely due to the charging contacts needing to be cleaned with some rubbing alcohol, or potentially one of the pins in the cable becoming damaged over time with use, resulting in the cable charging but not able to support data transfer (all four pins need to be sticking out same length, none bent, pushed in more, or discolored) in order for the cable to support data. The cable could still charge with 3 of the pins working properly, but not data.