Garmin s60 not charging

Recently when plugging to charge my garmin..it turn black and no sign of accepting the charge,,,anyone had that problem?

• I wish I’d read this and other complaints before buying the S60, it’s been 2 years (and multiple charging cables) of pain!

Extremely poor design, i definitely will not buy the S62 or any other model with this charging system!

• Yes, the design is not so pretty and modern ... I have my S60 now more then 6 years and from time to time I also had this connecting problems. Sometimes I could solve by turning the plug, sometimes by cleaning the contacts.

What helped also was to squeeze the sides of the plug very carefully (!) to get a better click.

I bought on Amazone dustplugs to cover the contacts, they fit on my S60 and also on my Epix Pro, this helps (hopefully) against corosion due to sweating.

• Garmin does not recommend using the dust plugs that are commonly offered for sale by 3rd party companies through online marketplace sites like Amazon, etc. 

The charging contact is designed to be exposed to allow for moisture to easily evaporate. Those dust plugs actually cause corrosion, as they tend to trap moisture from sweat, washing hands, swimming...and then the trapped moisture tends to cause corrosion underneath the plug. 

Garmin does not offer these types of accessories, as our products come with everything they need in the box they are sold in. 

• Thanks for this info ... I didn't know that. What if you are placing these caps when the watch is dry and I do not use it in water. The rubber of this cap fits relative strong so I assume that moisture from sweat does not go in. Maybe a good idea is to remove the cap at home for some minutes so moisture can evaporate...

• We do not recommend using them when while the watch is being worn. If you are storing the watch room temperature in securely dry space, then a cover could be used for storage purposes...but not while being worn. 

Those plugs trap moisture in with the metal contacts regardless of whether the user is swimming, showering, etc. Wearing one of the plugs with the watch on the wrist after inspecting if the watch is completely dry, can still result in the plug developing condensate from body heat, and sweat that naturally occurs from the skin throughout the day.