Stableford Scoring

I enter Handicap Scoring at my 'handicap set' for my course on yellow tees. I enter the 'Index' for my handicap. I select 'Stableford'.I play the round and see that my card stableford value is 34 but on the Garmin it is 29. When I look at where the difference is I see that Garmin has given me one less shot against holes with SI of 9 to 13 inclusive, i.e. total 5 less. This represents a handicap of 5 less than I have.  I cannot see how to rectify this difference.

• My experience is that I had to use as handicap the higher value of the range. Another point is, to set the stroke index correct and that Garmin use not the valid score due to changes of the course. 

At the end it is for me easier to play stroke play and count the shots, because I play also on other courses, I know my extra shots and due to the WHS system it changes sometimes often. 

• Thanks for that. It seems the bottom line is that the Approach S60 cannot be used accurately for Stableford.

• Hello.

Wrong! The S60 can calculate Stableford correctly.

What it can't do is calculate your playing handicap based on the course data and teemarkers (slope, PAR and CR).

For Stableford use the "local course handicap" which you have to read from the handicap table. Then the scores are correct, provided the stroke index per hole is correct in the database.

H.

• Hi H, thank you for your reply and very happy to hold my hands up to 'finger trouble' or user error.

Can I just run my set up pass you to see if you think I am doing the right thing?

I enter the Golf app for my club course.

I go Golf settings - Scoring - Scoring method - Stableford. 

I go into Golf Settings - Scoring -  Handicap Scoring - Local handicap- 31.

I go into Golf settings - Scoring - Set Handicap - 31.

Previously I have also gone into Golf Settings - Scoring - Handicap Scoring - Index/Slope and entered 27.6 (my personal handicap). I wonder if this is where I am going wrong. 

My course has a CR of 69.3 and a Slope value of 126. Should i be entering one of these values at Index/Slope or maybe something else?

Thanks again for your help.

regards, I

• Hello.

The way I see it, this is the correct procedure.
    Try these settings and test the result.

H.