First experience S60 with 7.31 beta

After some trouble with my S60 with auto-restart and missing GPS-routes, I saw the 7.31 beta.

First I made a clean-up like Chris mentioned, then a restart and the a factory-reset.

After that I checked, that GPS-recording is working and it does!

Then I installed 7.31 beta like described and now after some round playing golf I can say, my S60 is working ok!

All what should work is working, all messages are coming and scorecards and GPS-tracking is ok.

The only point I miss, is a description how to use the add-shot-function ...

Regards

Gerd

• First of all, it's nice to see that Garmin are still updating the S60, thanks for that.

I know the patch notes says nothing about Bluetooth Connectivty but I still wanted to voice my concern.

Ive tried re-installing the phone and Connect App (Android) several times and sometimes the watch is able to receive a Text Message or Phone Call notification but it stops working after a while. 

The S60 indicates by showing the Phone symbol (while using the stock digital clock face) that it is connected but often it's not as it keeps displaying messages about connects and disconnects. Anyhow, notifications on the S60 no longer works for me, with this patch Ive also re-installed the Connect App, reset the cache for the app, granted the App all permissions etc but the S60 still won't display any incoming messages. Any ideas?

• Hi,

to connect the S60 to GCM after installing the 7.31 I had to remove GCM from my iPhone, download again and then the connection process started. After that I had to reconfigure my apps, widgets and watch-faces, but that was done in 15 min.

At moment my S60 runs as usual with no problems. All notifications are popping up, all golf rounds are registered and after saving visible in GCM.

You have Android, may be that from there the problems are coming ...

• For some strange reason my setting for Do Not Disturb seem to be on by default, even during daytime.

Settings -> System -> Do Not Disturb

I switched it off and took a walk, checked same setting during walk and it was back on so I once again turned it off.

When I got back home the activity uploaded and the watch actually notified me of the event so now it seems to work again.

I will keep an eye on that DnD setting to check if it turns back on again.

• Hello,

We don't play with a beta release !

We are not the garmin software testers !!

Regards

• Hi,

it is not a must to install the beta, it is up to you!!!

You can wait, till the official release is published!

• Hi, to add shot press the upper button and then the green ball at the top - I have just found out about it ;-)

• Yes I found it too ...

... but it's not userfriendly: press the button, select the icon, select "Add shot", press button to go back ...

Easyer would be: tab on the screen, choose between "Continue" and "Add shot", mentioned from me all months ago ...