Still no response from Garmin

Hi there, I have had no response from Garmin to my email. I'm having the the same problems as many of you - I would like to manually add a shot if it is not recorded by the watch (e.g. chip shots and pitches). It cannot be so hard to implement and so many people would like to have that option. PLEASE GARMIN - ADD THAT FEATURE!!!!!

• ME TOO !!!
    Why does Garmin not implement this feature and still ignore the customer needs?
    But, hope dies last.

• Measuring the distance between point A and point B is one of the most basic and commonly used features in a golf watch and the new Garmin wearables can't accomplish this.  It's absolutely mind boggling that after more than a decade of product development on golf devices they've botched this feature so badly.  I've shelled out big bucks for the Fenix 5X and 5 Plus watches but I find myself using my S3 which was released in 2012 more often than not because the golf apps on the new devices do not reliably measure tee shots. 

• Manual shot-tracking.

Please add this feature to all the Golf capable watches Garmin.  Thank you.

• Everyone, sorry for overlooking this thread. 

All you need to do is to Edit your Golf ScoreCard to manually add a shot.

Below is a useful Support Article to walk you manually editing your scorecard on the device.

How Do I Edit a Golf Scorecard from a Garmin Device?

If you continue to have questions about your device, please reach out to our Garmin Support teams and/or look in Garmin Support Center for the answer.  We provide those sources as your main source of support for the devices and the forums are currently set up for customer interaction with one another.

• Hi Heath,

I think you are misunderstanding the issue here.  What people are asking for is the ability to measure the distance between two points when the 'autoshot' feature doesn't pick up a shot.    In Agile parlance, this is the user story:

As a golfer, I need to track the distance of all shots on the course, so that I know how far I am hitting each club and I can find my ball when I hit it into a penalty area.  

Manually editing scorecards after the round doesn't help me on the course where I need to measure my shot distances.

I've been in contact with Courtney from the beta testing team and given here detailed information on the use case.

Thanks,

Adam