This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin are not going to fix problems

Garmin will not fix any of the problems or suggestion everyone has, all the will do is wait and make us buy the next $500 watch...

• I am sorry that you feel that way, but we are always working on improving your devices.  Software version 7.00 just came available, if that does not fix what you are experiencing, please reach out to the Garmin Support teams so we can work with you on any issue you are experiencing.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Garmin-Heath

Well, I have the same frustraating experience with Garmin Support. I raised a question a few weeks ago and didn't even get a reply (same as some golf friends ..). But I received a questionnaire about service quality .. I rated worst that was available.

Garmin "improves" with all this apps and tools around, but some basic Golf functionality is missing or not working:

If I play a 9-hole course that also has a rating for 18-holes, the G60 is not able to record 18 holes ... maybe this is due to missing golf course info within the database (TomTom is able to do).

Another point is that I would like to have the stroke counter as preset value before I have to enter strokes and puts and penalties .. The information is there but it is not used .. what is the sense of the automatic stroke counter?

This all brings me to hope that Apple Watch will have enough accu power within next iterations that other Apps can solve these issues. I do not need all this apps around but I expect a perfect functionality for playing Golf when I buy a Golf-Watch.

• That is concerning that no one getting back to you.  Going off 'DE' at the end of your username, I have asked a friend and coworker in the same area to reach out to you.  If they don't in the next few days (excluding holidays and weekends), feel free to send me a private message and we will get everything worked out together.

• Former Member

Thanks! Really appreciate your support. Let us see ... 
    cheers Holger

• Sharing the same frustration.. May I make a suggestion?

I read here once that this forum is intended to be a platform where users communicate with eachother and a separate contact form should be used to give suggestions / requests to Garmin. I've tried both ways and have also never received an answer from Garmin on any request made.. Like talking to a brick wall...

--> Is it possible yes or no, will it be implemented yes or no? <--

My frustration would be less if at least such an answer would come..

There are not that many posts here on the forum, and there are numerous topics that request for the same features. It wouldn't be that much work to provide an answer here on the forum or make a FAQ topic out of it which summarizes the answers to at least the recurring requests? I reckon that most requesters are reading the forum..

-> What about the numerous requests for the possibility to manually trigger the autoshot function? Seems possible to me and apparently would please a lot of users.. so yes? or why not?

-> The golf widget has a very nice overview with the amount of putts per hole, but why doesn't my expensive golf watch have the same overview with strokes per hole? I dislike phones and hate the dependency on the phone app to get basic info.

-> ......

-> ......

Please!

• I share the comments of Beukit!

Trigger auto shot manually if not picked up.
    Record penalties DURING playing the hole.
    And especially the total strokes per hole i.so. the number of putts. (The same screen as during playing should be availbale on the watch after ending the round.) Not interested in having to use the phone as well.

Please......

• And what a surprise.. the brick wall again.. no reaction, no nothing... Would it help if I change my account name to Scott114 or Holger?

Maybe the lot of you actually have a plausible reason this time, like a holiday or so, but overall this place yet again feeds my anger..

What does it take for you guys to actually respond to a customer that (in my case) has spent more than 2K on equipment over the past years?

This is just piss poor..

• Former Member

In the meantime I have been contacted by German Garmin Support. That's ok now - I received answers as I are used to get as a customer ...

- Garmin Support acknowledged the problem for 9-hole courses - could be solved by redefinition of the course. It is a pity that I cannot record a regular golf round (18) on a 9-hole course that is rated for 18.

- Garmin Support also acknowledged that auto stroke count is useless for calculating the score at the end and just used to draw that pictures at the end (what is for me useless as I cannot see at least all strokes per hole)

Ok - I have an answer now and accept Garmin's product strategy, even if I do not understand it.
    As Garmin I would try to optimize my products for any kind of sport to be outstanding. So it will at least for me become obsolete as soon as apple watch gets enough power to survive 18+ holes.
    This means, S 60 will be my last special golf watch as their Golf special functions are commodity.

Thanks to Heath for establishing the contact.

• Hi Holger,

I'm playing here in NL-Eindhoven on a physical 9-holes course. It is also rated as 18-holes course. The nine holes are numbered from 1 - 9 and 10 - 18 as usual. We have here on some holes different tee places or different green but the same fairways. I have no problems to play 9 holes or 18 holes. Today I only played 5 holes. All holes are correct recognized and the shots mostly registered.

Due to lack of recognizing soft shots e.g. chips I'm using the S60 only as smartwatch and during golf for typing in the scorecard and getting the distance to the green. I use parallel a different product (App on smartphone an sensors on the clubs) that is registering all shots incl. the most putts correct and where the support answers always in not longer than 3 days. 

Regards

Gerd