This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"Cannot unlock maps"

Every time i plug my S60 into my mac to sync and charge, when I eject it the face says "Cannot unlock maps", and then i have to go through the process of reinstalling courses via Garmin Express, which takes 10-20 mins. It doesn't seem long unless you are dashing out to make a tee time!

I presume i could just put the charge lead in a plug rather than charge via Mac, but is there any other solution - its a tad frustrating!

Thanks

Paul
  • Hi,
    I have the same message since some weeks, but I do not notice any malfunction, all is working as before.

Regards
    Gerd
  • Had this last year as well. I managed to solve it by connecting the watch to a computer, deleting all the files present on the watch and then reinstall everything "fresh" through garmin express.
  • Had the same problem although golf worked perfectly, just had the Cannot Unlock Maps message when starting up watch so went for Beukit's solution. Worked perfectly.

Attach watch to computer via Garmin Express
    Open Garmin drive via File Explorer or Finder (Mac)
    If you want insurance, copy the Garmin folder to the PC as a backup.
    Highlight all entries in the Garmin Folder - delete and the empty recycle bin
    Eject watch, turn off (centre button - slightly longer hold and the off icon appears), back on and then attach to PC
    Garmin Express will sync - mine installed a time zone file
    Re-install all golf courses
  • Hi,
    a complete reinstall is for my only the last option if nothing works. For this stupid message I hope that Garmin gives a solution. Deleting courses and reinstall is ok, but to note all the settings and then doing a complete new setup with all my settings, apps and so on I will not do at moment...
  • Hi,

here comes the solution:

https://forums.garmin.com/forum/on-the-trail/golf/approach-s60/1377093-bug-in-sw-6-00

... Connect S60 to the computer and delete all files in the folder Garmin\Golf\

• Hi,

this was only a short time solution ...

today I did the same, deleting all files in Garmin\Golf and additionally installed all maps again, but after ending Golf app, the message appears again ...

I think, I have to live with that ....
  • You would have thought that the amount of money that this watch costs, Garmin would get it right. Mine's done this since I first updated it and I've never found a solution. Do all the maps work as a result of this message? I don't know. Certainly the UK and Europe do. Not tried The States yet.

• Not sure if it's just a Mac issue but I have had this on and off for a while. Installed 7.10 and it's back again. It seems to not be related to the golf app though - that works normally and UK & USA tested (but not yet on 7.1)

• I spoke to Garmin today. Apparently its an issue only on Mac's. they suggest doing the course update on a PC

• You should still be able to update the worldwide Golf courses on an Apple Mac or a Windows computer as long as both have a new enough version of their operating system. Please ensure your Mac meets the OSX 10.11 or newer requirements for Garmin Express.

If so, and you continue to have updating issues on your Mac, please highlight my name and send me a Private Message.