Software updates almost every day taking very long

Hello together,
I actually asked Garmin support but got no answer. I have the S60 together with IPhone 6S+. Almost every second or third day there is a Software update beeing uploaded. I am wondering if this is normal or something done wrong how I update the quick gps Always before I leave home when I am up to Play golf.
Problem is, when I just want to renew quick GPS Right before I leave for my golf round and this updates are showing up, it takes up to 30 Minutes and I can not leave because I dont know if I can stop this.
Does anybody has the same and/or can explain that? Is it Maybe better to connect the watch to the Computer Always to avoid this? (if possible).
thank you.
  • I do not use iphone, but in case of problems with updates it make sense to connect your S60 to computer and update using Garmin Connect. Then you will see if your updates are installed properly.
  • thank you for your answer. I tried that today with my Computer, 45 minutes.it is the golfcourse update taking thank Long. Is there Maybe a Setting wrong?
  • I was expecting big update of golf courses causing your problem. From time to time some updates are problematic and are not possible to update with remark from Garmin Connect "not compatible" . In such a case your updates via mobile phone will repeat without success. In such a case please contact Garmin support by phone or email they will help you. I had such a problem twice.
  • I did so and called them. All she could recommend was factory Settings..... She agreed I am not happy paying 440 Euro for a watch which has tremendous Problems.
    Now, the watch just makes short updates but no Software updates again. I dont know why. But I know, support from Garmin is not helpful if I compare to other Brands like AVM etc. Still I like the watch, but the Service of the Company makes it mad.
  • i had similar issues the first couple months with the S60. Seemed like once a week i would login to the garmin connect app and it would say it was doing an update. then i would come back and it would say error and retry. it would do this over and over for a few hours. at one time i thought i figured it out and thought i had to keep the garmin connect app open and on that screen.

i am not sure what resolved the problem for me but i no longer have the issue.

i did try reinstalling the app, i also uninstalled a bunch of old apps and i was using an iphone x

ever since i upgraded to iphone xs max though, i havent noticed any of these issues.

i used to have bunch of problem with notifications not working etc, but since getting the new phone a couple weeks ago, i have not had any issues.
  • I have that exact issue, but I never get an error message.  I looked at the garmin page and it lists tons of updates.

• It's still happening, I appreciate you responding but you haven't been able to help....I still get these long long updates first thing in the morning when I want to go out!  Isn't there a way to schedule or delay these things?