Autoshot - missed shots and penalty shots

Would it be possible (and usefull) to have a way to manually enter shots on the Approach S60 that the Autoshot did not pick up? Like chip shots and penalty shots. I'm was thinking if Garmin could maybe add a small (+) 'button' to the screen next to the (flag) button, one for penalty shots and one for "missed" chip shots. When you take a shot and you see that it was not picked up by Autoshot, then press the (+) and manully enter the shot. The approach will then ask you what club was used (or even if it was a "penalty" shot or drop shot). It will register the position of where you activated this manual shot and add it to all the other shots that was automatically picked up. This will make for more accurate score tracking on the scorecard.
In Garmin Golf and Connect, you can then see the correct shots and where they were played from (including the shots you manually 'activated' while playing.

• Penalty shots working under Version 6.00
  • Great. My S60 updated yesterday. I'll try it out on the course. Do you perhaps have a quick explanation of how to capture the penalty shots while busy with a game?

It would be awesome to also capture the "undetected" shots like chip shots. Thanks.
  • It works. It showed up on yesterdays round and since I have been using scoring since I got my G6 the extra screen messed me up all day....
  • @nihini: I requested the same some weeks ago. Support at phone told me, not possible to add manually shots. For example with TomTom golfer2 it is very easy to do so, just put the hand on the display and the shot including position is marked. Also, in case some wrong shot is registred, it can be deleted as well. I dont see this function with my brand new S60. This is sad, even more because I wrote an inquiry to garmin support. They answered a few days later but just advised me to the manual. I replied that it is not explained in the manual but havent got another answer yet. This is much disappointing me, purchased a watch for appr. 450 Euro and no good support.
    This way, I got here and the main question I have and I would like to ask with an example. I havent done a new topic for that, because it is the same point as nihini asked. Hope, I did right:

When I make a shot before the green, but it rolls over the green back to the fairway on the other end. I walk OVER the green and the watch is changing to score card. This is a nice function, but I have to do a shot again back to the green. How can I get out of the score card that this shot will be saved incl. the position or HOW CAN I ADD this shot MANUALLY?

Same: I am anywhere between 2 shots on the fairway and make a training-swing. Maybe the watch is adding this shot. How to delete it?

I would be happy if here are more experts and maybe one is so nice to get me a feedback.

Thank you.
  • The S60 is a good watch and have the potential to be one of the best golf watches if the software is just adapted a small bit to allow some simple easy missing feautures and if the online user manual maybe explains these and other features a bit better - perhaps a golf scenario "What if" guide of how to do things during a game. Explain a few scenarios in this guide...
    1. A scenario like: How do I add a shot that is not picked up by the autoshot? Like when I hit a shot and it lands behind a tree. I chip the ball to the fairway, Autoshot does not pick up this shot, how do I manull add this shot and continue the game.
    2. Chip shots around the green that is not picked up, how do I manually add thoses chip shots
    3. Hitting a Driver shot, and it is potentially out of bounce. Then taking a provisional shot (that is a penalty plus another driver shot). What if I now find my original ball. The penalty shot and the extra shot should now be removable by the user and the original shot should be tracked further.
    4. Pulling the Autoshot shot counts through to the scorecard once you reach the green, but like NoGo mentioned, allowing you to exit the scorecard and continue that hole with autoshot and also manual shots (where chip shots are not recorded) and then an option to go back to the scorecard (or the S60 should go back automatically) once you are on the green again.
    5. A litting screen to quicly review the shots that Autotracker recorded on any hole so far and a way to quickly edit and "re-order" the shots if it was added wrongly by Autoshot.

It works. It showed up on yesterdays round and since I have been using scoring since I got my G6 the extra screen messed me up all day....

I'm yet to play another round to see how the penalty was implemented but I agree, it should not be an extra screen but rather a small button - like the button you press to zoom or show the green - next to that button, a extra little area/button on the screen to press to add a penalty or "chip" shot.
  • The S60 is a good watch and have the potential to be one of the best golf watches if the software is just adapted.....

Hi

I bought the watch 3 weeks ago and think exactly like you.

I still can not belive that the option of entering manually missed shots is not avalaible!

It has the potential to be the best golf watch but with the actuall software its just another one watch and very expensive.

I hope that someone is reading us and taking account what we say to improve and fix all this problems.

Regards

• Very disappointing. As of today,still no answer from Garmin on my questions. All day I am playing, same question: how to add manually shots or delete them on post. They just dont answer on things they already know, lots of people want... I agree, this is a great watch for golf. Working good and beeing nice. But not practicable if this wont be solved in time.
  • I ended up buying Garmin Approach CT10 sensors - the full set. Now, for most parts I'm not missing any shots. The penalty shot adding on the fly vs. adding it after finishing the hole would be a kind improvement on the S60. I had a few issues on my first round of golf with the CT10 sensors - 2 of them died - yes, brand new, first time on the course and 2 of them died after a few holes. It turned out to be the batteries. I replaced the batteries and the 2 sensors are working again.
    For now, after one round with the CT10, I'm happy with the shot tracking that it offers. Autoshot still kicks in when a sensor fails or is not detected. I'll make sure my wedges and putter always have a working sensor on because those are the clubs that are generally not picked up by Autoshot.
  • Garmin is not very responsive .......