Watch not finding Golf Courses and also not being found by Garmin Express app

I am having issues with my S42 not finding golf courses. When I follow the instructions I get sent to download Garmin express on my computer. I have done that, when I search for my watch I cannot find it in Garmin Express. I have my watch plugged into my computer. I have tried several different ports, but the Garmin Express app is not picking it up. I have even added and paired the watch to my computer using the Bluetooth, and Garmin express is still not seeing it. I have tried resetting the watch, my computer, both but to no avail. I can connect to satellites to get the time and weather, but it will not find any golf courses.

Please help before I tee the watch up.

• The Approach S42 cannot be paired or detected via Bluetooth to the computer to be recognized and updated through Garmin Express. 

The watch must be connected using the charging cable supplied in-box with the unit to the USB port built into the computer. 

To troubleshoot the concern and get the watch detected by your computer, please consider the following steps: 

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of the watch with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. 
    • Inspect the end of the charging cable that connects to the back of the watch and ensure all four of the pins are sticking out the same length, are equally spaced, and uniform.
    • If any of the pins in the connector end of the cable appear pushed in further than the others, bent, are missing...then the charging/data cable needs to be replaced in order for the watch to be properly recognized by the computer. Even if the watch is charging when connected...two of the pins charge and two of the pins transfer data...so if any pins are out of order, the computer will not read the watch when connected.
    • Make sure you are using a home computer while attempting to connect your device and use Express to install updates. If your computer is a work computer, enterprise systems and security software often block USB access to storage devices, prevent Express from working properly, and should not be used for this step in the process to install map updates. 

Follow the steps outlined on the Garmin Support pages linked below for more info and suggestions as well: