S42 dead

My first s40 died after two years.  resetten does not work. I bought a New one, s42. dead also after two months   recharging doesn"t work.

There is something critically wrong with these watches

• Typically charging and power concerns can be resolved without the need of a replacement watch. Please consider the steps outlined below to figure out what specifically is causing your watch to not charge: 

1. Use Garmin provided data/charge cable directly to the USB port on a Windows PC/Mac home computer.
    2. If the watch does not power on upon connection, press and hold the button on side of watch for 20 seconds, and release.
    3. Then disconnect the cable, and reconnect the cable > The watch should then display the Triangle logo on the screen, leading to the charging icon with normal function going forward. 
    4. If watch does not power on after steps 1-3, clean the four metal contacts housed with the oval shaped port on the back of the watch with rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab. 
    5. Verify the cable you are using has a Garmin logo stamped on the USB connector end of the cable. Avoid using 3rd party cables, as the cable is developed specifically by Garmin, and often the 3rd party cable do not work for data transfer, or offer the quality our provided cable use with the materials. 
    6. Check and make sure the four pins within the connector end of the cable are all sticking out the same length, are evenly spaced, and all shiny and the same color. If any pins appear pushed in, discolored, bent or missing...then the charging cable needs to be replaced. 

Articles below are linked to the relevant Garmin support site pages showing more info for reference if needed:

Life Expectancy for the Rechargeable Battery in My Garmin Device

Correct Charging Methods for Garmin Fitness Devices

• I have 5 months old watch and the issue is  - Battery drains very fast (in 3 to 4 hours)