Scoring Question: S20 vs. S42

I have been using an Approach S20 for years. I find that when I reach the green the watch will ask for my score. I got a new S42 and on the green it will continue to show the distance to the center of the green. The new watch does not ask for the score until I walk to the next tee. Is there a way to get the new watch to act like the old?

Top Replies

All Replies

• Approach S42 Support page Adjustment to Scoring Prompt on Compatible Approach Devices available to help clarify further the changes that were made to scoring on specific products like the Approach S40, S42, S60, S62.

Starting in January 2022, there were few changes to the scoring and stat tracking prompts on compatible Approach devices in order to enhance the overall user experience. These prompts will now automatically show on the watch between the time the player has left the green complex and arrives at the next tee box.

Longer Access to All Golf Features

This was done to allow users to be able to access the full screen green view without having to close the automatic scoring prompt that was previously displayed when near the green. This change will benefit users as it allows more time to use all golf functions without having to clear the full screen auto score prompt, and then manually open it again in the menu in order to enter score and stats.

Manually Enter Score with Pencil Icon

With the updates you will also see a pencil icon at the bottom of the watch face while on the putting green. This makes the scorecard easily accessible if you would prefer not to wait to enter the score until after you have left the green complex. Otherwise the automatic scoring prompt should vibrate on your watch when it comes up, indicating that you now can input the score.