Shots not being recorded at all….

Hey All, 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I got my R10 for Christmas - the first two months were awesome. Being in TN, we play outdoor more in February and on which is a blessing I know…Come to now, I started getting lessons and wanted to get some work in the garage without going to the range. I have also tried it outdoors as well with no luck. I have read up on resetting the app, deleting the R10,, putting things on the concrete floor, etc. None of that is working and I am thinking at this point I have a lemon. Has anyone else gone through all this process only to have the unit still not work properly?

I will try to take it outside again as well in the next couple of days. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

• What colors are on front of the unit?

It should be flashing green when connected to the golf app, and ready for shot.

Then it should turn solid red in Your backswing, meaning it detects club movement.

And then You have a couple of seconds to finish the shot.

• It's flashing green and is ready to go. Then the second I pull the club back it goes red like it's not ready. I hit the shot, it doesn't read anything and then goes back to flashing green like it's ready to go again. 

Literally makes no sense, spent most of yesterday trying to figure it out and I'm just beyond frustrated at this point. 

Had read up that this was a pretty good indoor setup on the budget and now I regret asking using a gift card on it. 

• Tried this again today both inside and outside - everything is progressing exactly how you are describing, but it never reads the shot. I am at a loss of what to do here…not sure if it’s just a bad unit or what, but I am now in possession of a $500 paperweight if someone at Garmin can’t get me some info on a harder reset than what I have done in other forum messages. 

• If I was to guess Your unit is working, and it is something on Your mobile phone that is blocking the shot data. Very uncommon to have firewall on Your bluetooth connection, so strange.

There is one way of testing Your unit without the mobile phone though, if You have a pc with bluetooth and windows:

Search for mholow direct bluetooth connector. It is located on GitHub and is intended as a direct interface to GSPro, but You actually don't need GSPro to see if You receive shot data.

Install this, and hook up Your R10 directly to Your Pc, using bluetooth. Remember to turn off all other bluetooth devices.

In the mholow connector interface window You should then be able to see if Your R10 unit is connected, and receive shot info in the same window after a shot.

If this is ok, You know Your R10 is working.

Possible reasons for not working now:

- Your R10 is connected to wrong mobile phone. Typically if You have used it towards 2 different phones, and they both are close with bluetooth enabled.

- You are using simulator sw to play (E6), and You are using the Garmin Golf E6 connection. In this case it may be a firewall on Your PC blocking the shot info.

Hope this helps.

• Got it. I always run this on my iPad, but my phone is always around as well. I'll try turning the BT off and see what happens. 

• Tried this today. It's reading warm up shots really well. When I go to more of a full swing, it didn't read it at all. The lights on the monitor do what they are supposed to, but the shot is never read. 

I'm at a loss because it worked perfectly before.

• Then Your full swing takes too long.

You have a limited time from when You start Your backswing until You finish 

Alternative, You waggle the club before You swing, and the unit takes Your waggle as start of swing.

Make sure the unit flashes green before You swing.

• No waggle here...I've never been accused of a slow swing, not Hideki on the back swing. 

it's just not reading. Is this thing just a dud? Feeling wholly ripped off at this point.