Inaccurate Distance Readings

I just bought the Garmin Approach R10 and I'm already having issues with the distances.  It's reading right and left correctly, but the distances are way short on all my shots.  I hit my 8 iron around 130-140 and it barely reaches 100 with the Garmin.  I've tried the exact recommended distances, different distances, re-installing the app, re-calibrating and everything in between and it's still not reading accurately.  Anyone have any ideas other than returning this for my money back?

• Without any data it is impossible to find out why the distances are short. Data that determines distance are club head speed / ball speed, vertical launch angle and spin. How are Your environmental settings?

• In conjunction with what Odd tore was mentioning, there are specific radar derived metrics such as club speed, ball speed, launch angle, and launch direction that help to tell a story as to why the reading was more or less than expected regarding the distance. Make sure to check the simulated environmental settings you have enabled in the "Weather Conditions" section from the Start Session page in the Garmin Golf app. The local weather that day when playing could be a factor in the reading, or the custom settings in place if you have changed via the custom option. 

You should also make sure that no environmental factors around your setup causing interference with the radar shot capture, and make sure the spacing and lineup of the R10 > Shot Location > Target Location are in a straIght line with adequate spacing to the target to allow enough ball flight capture from your shots. 

Make sure to review the Garmin Support pages linked below for setup recommendations, and troubleshooting the radar concerns: 

Below are some other related Approach R10 articles published by Garmin regarding the accuracy, and tips to improve the accuracy: 

• I am having g similar issues. 

My 7 iron distance was maxing out at 148. That is my 9 iron distance. 

Is this just the app or the device. 

I bought this tool to nail down my true carry distance. Disappointing. 

• Recommend getting Awesome golf SW….with the RCT balls the distances are pretty accurate..at what l have found with my shots. 

• I use a 3D leveling tripod/jig for the R10 and have zero issues. I used to believe my distances were short (7i at 150 just a year ago), but then I got better at closing the face and actually compressing the ball and now hit a 180-200yard 7i consistently, both on R10 sim and on course. Sadly, I do not think it is the software or the launch monitor that is affecting your distance.