Slow Swing with a long pause at the top not registering shots on R 10 at all !!!

Today I had a friend who has a slow takeaway and a significant long pause at the top of the swing (like Hideki Matsuyama), the R10 would read about barely1 out of 10 shots.  I had noticed that when the club goes back the red light comes on signifying the tracking function, but as the club pauses at the top the red light goes off as it stops reading and turns back to blinking green and when the club comes through impact the shot is not registered.

With my swing the R10 works fine as I have no significant pause and the red light stays on through the swing as the club is constantly in motion.   

Is there any way to fix this issue? other than the golfer changing the swing.....because it seems like the way the unit and software setup is designed to read only fast constant moving clubhead as I am sure there are numerous slow pausing swingers out there.   Has anyone else experienced this or have a fix? thanks

• They introduced a timer on backswing due to waggling. So now You are allowed to waggle the club without waiting for seconds before hitting. Which again means that long backswings are not possible.

Of course no user settings for this, so it is what it is.